Chapter 80

Yaszy Romano

"Beep...beep...beep," a heart monitor filled the room.

My eyes fluttered open, and I looked around to see that I was in one of Emiliano's voluntary rooms, connected to a heart monitor and an IV in my arm.

I had so many questions. What happened? How did I end up here?

Katherine would have never brought me here. She would have stitched me up herself and tried to keep things quiet.

Careful not to break the stitches, I slowly got out of the bed, and just as my feet touched the floor, pain shot through my stomach. But I ignored the pain and pushed on, pulling the blanket around me as I covered my stomach.

My hand found the doorknob, and after a moment's hesitation, I slowly turned it and opened the door, stepping outside, trying to find my way out of the maze of hallways.

I slowly walked up the stairs, and out the door. Taking a deep breath, I tried to calm my nerves as I stepped off the stairs and made my way upstairs.

After managing to sneak into my room without my dad or my brothers noticing, I let out a sigh of relief. Just then, Kai lifted his head and wagged his tail, and I greeted him with a smile.

I walked over to my closet and looked through different outfits for something comfortable. After a minute, I settled on a cozy outfit, and as I changed out of the hospital gown, I felt glad to be in my own clothes.

 After a minute, I settled on a cozy outfit, and as I changed out of the hospital gown, I felt glad to be in my own clothes

After putting on my shorts, I walked into my bathroom and got ready, brushed my hair. I then brushed my teeth and looked around the bathroom to make sure everything was in its place.

As I was walking out, I noticed a sweatshirt on the couch, so I went over to pick it up and put it on.

I walked over to my dad's office and knocked on the door. I leaned against the door frame, waiting for him to open it.

"For the last time, Luca, she will wake up when she's ready to wake up," I heard Alessandro's voice say inside.

When I walked in, Alessandro looked up and froze, his face registering surprise.

"Sandro, who is it?" my dad asked as he stood up and rushed over to me, wrapping his arms around me in a hug.

"I am so glad you are okay," my dad said, sternly, "but never do that again. Do you hear me?" I nodded my head as he kissed my head then pulled away.

"I understand why you did it, Tesoro, and I'm glad you're okay," Alessandro smiled, wrapped his arms around me and rested his head on top of mine, and then Lorenzo and Dante walked in, greeting me with smiles.

"Angel." Lorenzo said and I smiled back at him. I was happy to see my family smiling even after what I did.

"Never do that again," Lorenzo said to me with a stern look on his face, making me nod my head.