Chapter 5

"Apart from a blowout bar, this is the dumbest thing people in L

"Apart from a blowout bar, this is the dumbest thing people in L.A. pay money for." we get a call from a rage room, things are broken everywhere even the police beat us to it. " I think it's genius." chimney looks around and gawks at the place. "Your victims in there." the officer points at the metal barrel. Me and Eddie look at each other in confusion. "Your victim, climbed into the barrel after her bff started chasing her with a sledgehammer."

"I thought the point was to smash things not each other." the cop explains who is the victim in this case. "Wife and mistress." the mistress is in handcuffs sitting by two officers "adulterous slut!" the handcuffed wife says. "Does the adulterous slut have a name?" chimney asks. "Denise, she can't hear you well, her ears are ringing."

Me and Eddie go check out the barrel that the woman is in and try to see how to get the woman out safely. "Looks like she's sledgehammered in pretty good, cap." he nods. "Artemis and Eddie, saws and jaws." we got out quickly to the truck and grabbed what we needed. I put on my helmet and saw the women out the barrel while trying to be careful and stay at a steady pace. Eddie grabs the jaws and opens the barrel up, the woman is breathing hard, trying to stay calm.

"Wait, please don't arrest her. This is all my fault." the mistress said, "you want to be a better friend? Bail her out." the cop tells the mistress. "I rather rot in jail than have her do another thing for me. I should have never trusted you, consider this the end of our friendship." the wife gets pulled away and is forced into the car. "so much anger in the world these days, I can see why this place is all the rage, see what I did there?" chimney says. "I'm with Chimney, weirdly enough, it works but not to kill someone. I'm not surprised we haven't gotten more calls from here." Bobby and hen look at me strangely. "You too Cruz?" she asks me. "It's better than talking that's for sure." I Pat her shoulder and walk to the truck.

_________________________________

"Oh my god." hen gets a text on her phone, gasps then she starts cheering in happiness. "Karen just texted me, six embryos made it, they are sending them for testing, and then we can schedule the transfer." everyone around her is happy and congratulates her, "That's great, then." I give her a tiny smile at her. "Oh shit, I just made her smile! You guys she can smile," she says to me and I laugh. "I can, I just don't do it that often, and in the public eye, couldn't hold it back this time I guess." chimney lightly pats me on the arm and says something that makes me feel some type of way.

"We're glad to have you here on the 118, Artemis." I crack a small smile and I roll my eyes. A little bit of hope was starting to arise in me but I wasn't going to make any false promises to myself.

I hold the punching bag for Eddie while explains to me the next nightmares and therapy that Christopher going through. Go through trauma. As an adult is one thing but as a kid, it can alter the rest of their long life.

"Keep loving him." Did he write that on a prescription pad?" I tell Eddie while leaning on the bag. "Doesn't sound like you're a fan." I shake my head no and he laughs. "Heads up." I slap him and he stops punching for a second. "The headshrinkers have their place, it's a very touchy-feely place but that works for some people."