Chapter 32

Buck begins pt 1

There is bomb threat made in a building, people were screaming, terrified for themselves and we were just walking into the danger of today

There is bomb threat made in a building, people were screaming, terrified for themselves and we were just walking into the danger of today. "Clearing the building now but we need to shut off gas and power as a precaution." the officer tells Bobby. "Eddie and Artemis your on electrical, Buck I want you to go up the street Shut the gas off at the main." chim and hen take care of the lady that was hyperventilating. "Cap, powers out, but I just got word that a janitor might have an asthma attack and copllased in one of the stairwells." Eddie says through the radio.

"Chim you think you can get up there?" Bobby looks at chim and he looks up the tall building. "I'll do it, but it's gonna take me a while."

"Cap, there's no time, I'll do it, we're on the 5th floor. It would take a while to get up the stairs but there are people having panic attacks on the 10th floor, one fell down the stairs, get chim in there." Eddie looks at me with a smile. "Look at you, finally being a leader."

"Your so hilarious." I say sarcastically, I separate from eddie. He goes up and I go down the stairs looking for asthma guy, "anybody down here! I start to yell and then enter the bollier room, I finally found him. "Sir, sir, we need to get you outta here, somebody said you were having trouble with your asthma? I'm the closet to a paramedic you have here, I know how to work the basics here. If not we can get you to the ambulance where someone can-" I didn't get a close enough look at the guy but I take out an oxygen can fast but then my life flashed before my eyes. The bomb was in the mop bucket, and he was holding the deadinator switch. "No one can help you now."

"Alright, Artemis, Eddie, chim, bomb squad is ready to go in. You guys clear?" of course he gets no response for me. "Artemis, you copy?"

"Artemis, come in." I was too afraid to say anything, my eyes were focused on the man at all times. My breathing was shallow, my mouth was dry, I was panicking internally. "I blow this.. Mezzanine goes then the whole building."

"I'm gonna take your word for it. I understand y-your an expert on t-this certain thing." I was stutter, a cold chill was running down my spine, goosebumps were appearing on my arms. "The best, had to disguise myself as the frickin help just to get in here. After I gave em two decades of my life, they kicked me to the curb. Now I'm going to make them into a pile of rubble." The rasp in his voice made the situation more frightening. I eyes were filling up with tears, just waiting to fall down my face. "Hey, Artemis!" I look behind me. "You didn't hear? Squads moving in."

"We'll be out in a minute." I tell him as calm as I can. "Come on, we can carry him-" I intrupt him before he can get the both of us killed. "No, don't, it's okay, just- its all right. Just make sure everyone else clears out." he notices the switch in the mans hand and looks me in the face. I couldn't hold back the one tear falling down my face."

"Got it. I'll let the cap know." he calmly says and runs out immediately. Eddie run out the building to see Bobby their with bomb squad, "wait, wait, wait!" he yells out loud. "Where's your other guy?" the captain of the squad says. "She's in there with the bomber." buck looks at Eddie as if someone just shot him in the heart.