Chapter 72

"Whoa, whoa, breathe Artemis

"Whoa, whoa, breathe Artemis." I look at him shaken up, "Ari, calm down." I hear Apollo say, my own brother betrayed. "Get away from me!" I tried to back up but my back was against bucks Chest. "mi princess hermosa." Alejandro said while stepping towards me, I shook my head immediately, "you don't get call me that after everything you did!" The tears were like a waterfall, "Artemis, who's this?" Buck said. "I'm her father, who the hell are you." His English was clear but with a slight accent, him and my mother were 17 when they had me and my brothers. "You don't get to start acting so concerned after all these years, god, what is wrong with you? and you Apollo? How dare you bring him here after I told you no!"

"He wanted to see you, Ari, that's it." I scoffed at his words, he's an idiot of thinking this was good idea. "To see what? The monster he created? No one can look at me without looking my scars. You did this me! For fucks sake I was a child! What kind of a sick person does that?" I wiped the tears from my face, "I was drunk that night, I'm so sorry, you have every right to not forgive me. Im clean now, I did it for you and your brothers. I had to see my beautiful daughter all grown up, you look exactly like you're mom." He tries to touch my face but I flinch, "I'm not going to hurt you, princesa, I promise you those days are over now." buck stands in front of me, "don't touch her, I don't give a shit who you are." Alejandro stepped back but Apollo wasn't holding back, "this doesn't involve you Buckley, may I remind you, you're no better. You cheated on her because you were drunk, don't act all innocent now."

"You did what?" Alejandro says, so now he wants to play father? Nothing disgusts me more than that. "Don't you dare turn this on him, you killed my mom, the person who protected me for you. I spent years trying to erase the pain that you caused me, and here we are. Don't you get it? I wish you were dead, you mean nothing to me." I ran up to my room and I was there just pacing around. "I have no idea what I'm going to do right now." I started packing up my bag then run my hand across my face. "Shit what am I gonna do about Luna?" I was thinking about my bunny in that moment. "Why don't you come with me? Y-you can take her with you." I exhale in relief.

"You sure about that? She chews on everything." I throw my hands up, "it's okay, I know you don't want to be here right now and Luna is your pet so go for it." I give him a light smile and thank him, he carries my bag downstairs while I get lunas things, as I was about to head out the door, Apollo stops me, "I didn't do this to hurt you, I needed closure, I did this for us." Apollo was spilling out tears. "But I didn't, I thought we got away from him together. I love you Apollo but this is wrong." I leave out the door with buck and get into his car and drive. I broke down in tears and cried into my hands.

When we got to his apartment he ran a hot bath and I just sat there in the truth with tears running down my face. I stared at scars i endured for that man, I was ugly, inside and out. after thirty minutes, I changed into comfy clothes and went into my bag to grab my pills. Faking confidence is what I'm good at, I may seem stuck up but it's only so I don't feel stupid. Buck hands me a glass of water and I chug it down, his arms wraps around me and I leaned against his chest. "Now you see where I get my craziness from." I was numb in that moment until Buck picks up my chin and looks me in the eyes. "You're nothing like him, I still don't get why Apollo brought him back if he saw how much your father hurt you." I didn't even know what to say to that, "he said he needed closure, I believe that but Alejandro is the reason why Apollo got involved with the cartel once and it was to get rid of my ex."