Chapter 66

As I was coming back from a spa treatment I check through the mail again to see if Apollo is still receiving those letters

As I was coming back from a spa treatment I check through the mail again to see if Apollo is still receiving those letters. There was no letter addressed from the correctional facility but a letter was in there but it was just a blank envelope with our address and apollos name. I went up to my room and opened it up. You're probably saying that I have no reason to invade his privacy, that doesn't exist in a Mexican household and frankly I feel like he would lie to my face about it.

It was a letter written in spanish, I was skimming through it and it was talking about me, atlas, Andreas, and Santi. I then finished reading the letter it was signed in a signature that was so too familiar, it was my fathers. I quickly grabbed my keys and I dialed Athena's number. "Hey Athena, are you available right now?" I tried to keep myself calm, "of course, I'm home right now, is everything okay?" Her voice was always so comforting. "I honestly don't know." When I get to her place she was already waiting at her door, she could tell I was shaking. "What's wrong?"

"This." I hold up the letter and was going to examine it but then soon noticed it was all in Spanish. "Did someone write this to you?" I shook my head no As we sat down at her kitchen table, "I'm here more for a confirmation." She nods her head and gets her laptop. "This letter was addressed to Apollo, the person who wrote the letter was asking about me, my other two brothers and Santi." She gives me stern look, "you couldn't asked him?" I vigorously shook my head no, "I just need to know if the prisoner sending this was released yet." She sighs. "What's the name?"

"Alejandro Cruz." Even his name scared the shit out of me, he was the only person who I was scared of. He made his choice to deliberately hurt me and made me lose confidence in any other man, I suffered because of him and I'll never forget it. Athena's face softened and closed the computer, "w-what? What'd you find out." My breathing was shaken , "Artemis, honey, he was released a while ago." The flashbacks of him hurting me were arising, Athena snapped me back into reality, "when? When was he released?"

"January 20, of this year, he was in rykers island correctional facility in New York for 16 years, he was caught smuggling drugs into the country." My mom never got the justice she deserved, he wasn't in jail for murdering her but was in for a stupid reason. "Bobby had told me what happened when you were a kid." That was the understatement of what happened, I wish that was the case. "You're right I have to talk to Apollo, sorry, I should've never came here." I quickly got up and went paced to my car, I heard her calling out my name but I all wanted was answer from Apollo.

I waited hours for him to come home, I sitting there with a cup of wine, once I heard the door open, I see the other two with him. "Sit down you three, we need to talk about this." I hold up the letter. "What's that?" Andreas was confused. "Santi, go to my room and watch the tv." Apollo told him and he went upstairs, I was choking back the tears. "This was none of your business, Artemis!" He snatched the letter from my hands, "No, No! You don't get to make me out to be the bad guy here, he's been talking to Alejandro, how long Apollo?!" We all looked at him, "he's your dad too no matter how much you hate him, I hate him too but I'm trying to have a relationship with him. For god sake Ari, not everything is about you!" He yelled which made me flinch, my eyes burned with tears.