Chapter 17

"I don't- I don't- I don't know what came over me, look he said he was gonna take my house and I just lost it

"I don't- I don't- I don't know what came over me, look he said he was gonna take my house and I just lost it." the man brings us to man crushed by an excavator, groaning in pain while the man who ran him over is panicking. "Sir, can you hear me? Can you tell me your name?" chim checks his pulse. "Pulse is strong, it's rapid." hen puts an IV into the man's hand to put saline into him. "Collar and the 02." I hand to hen the equipment. "This is Captain Nash, I'm gonna need an LAPD unit sent to Saddle Peak Drive."

"Chim can you see if he's impaled under there?" he tries to look under but can't tell yet. "We need to get this thing off of him." I put the oxygen mask on the victim and let hen do the rest. "I got this cap." hen gets in the excavator and we step back for a second so she doesn't impale us. "That's close cap, but we still need to get it higher to pull him out." Buck goes to lift up the excavator with Eddie and me and chim pull the man out. "Cap, I'm feeling something here, we gotta turn him."

"How's his spine?" Bobby tries to move around to get a better view of the victim. "Lower extremities appear to be moving," I say. "Upper extremities too. Collars are in place, and pupils are good. We gotta flip him." me, chim, and hen try to turn him to his side, and looks like I just lost my appetite. "I'm pretty sure all of this is supposed to be on the inside of his body, he's been eviscerated."

"Seen these before, we need to clean and irrigate." chim hands me the rubbing alcohol and he pours it over the gauze, I had to put my hand over his intestines. "And morphine, lots of morphine." hen injects that into his IV.

"All right let's double dose, three Mills. Opening can't be any bigger than the size of a fist. We gotta keep him on his side." Eddie and Buck help the man onto the backboard and the ambulance drives away with me, the hen, and chimney.

_________________________________

"Alright guys, grossest cases to talk about while we eat, we go first-" Chimney immediately stops talking as Bobby moves to the side to reveal a certain someone. "Albert."

"Hey bro." chimney's brother says, Buck decides to make the situation better by opening his gigantic mouth. "Chim, your- your kid brother is a pistol." Buck is laughing his ass off, while Chimney looks unpleased to see his brother. "Half brother, what are you doing here?"

"I wanted to see you, see where you work. Your captain said you're on the way back from the hospital. I, uh, heard you saved a man's life." chimney looks at hen as she pays his back. "Yeah, we really don't talk about that stuff here. You can't really show up without calling." at this point he was just trying to come up with random excuses. "Ah, come on, he's no trouble, he even had time to give Cap a tutorial on how to make Korean dumplings. Um Mandela?" Buck was trying too hard to pronounce that last word and I found it funny. "Mandu. I grew up watching my mother make them every day. The best thing is she can freeze them in bulk, pop them in a pan, and boom. Lunch. Even better I snack on them at Ball games." Albert replies which catches Eddie's attention.