Chapter 48

(This is a long chapter btw)

2 weeks later.....

"So it's pretty serious, then." Buck says to Eddie, "I don't know what you mean." I was playing pool with the guys while talking about eddies upcoming special event. "Well you're meeting her parents." Eddies always been good with parents so it shouldn't be an issue, "We're meeting everybody, her parents, her tios, her tias, her primos. Her whole family going to be there. It's a baby christening." Oh the memories of being baptized, that's pretty much what a baby christening is, since we didn't have money all we did was get baptized by our local priest. "That sounds pretty serious."

"It's not like it's Ana and eddie's baby, buck." Chimney interjects into the conversation, "that's right, baby buck. What are we talking about?" He was too busy eating to pay attention, I would be too if I were him. "Ana's sister's having a baby, Chris and I were invited to the christening next Sunday." While I was walking behind buck he accidentally hits me, he apologizes immediately but I'm petty and I end up hitting his head with the stick. "You and Chris at the christening? That sounds serious." Me and buck both laugh at chimneys words towards Eddie. "It's not." Now it's time for me to join the conversation, "oh it is Eddie, Hispanic and Latina girls don't go showing off to their parents the guy that their dating unless it's serious between them. Yes the tias maybe talking shit but that's normal, all that matters is her parents and siblings. You have a cute kid so that'll give you bonus points."

"She's right, Ana's showing you off to the entire family, it's like the opening scene of the godfather." Eddie ends up giving his stick to Bobby so he could join. "Pretty sure the christening is the last scene of the godfather, don't listen to buck but maybe Artemis is right. You'll guys have a great time." I roll my eyes, I'm always right about these kinda things, "he's really looking forward to it, he even agreed to let me buy him a new suit, we tried the old one last night, it barely made it past his elbows. I swear that kid shot up like a weed. last time he wore it, it still fit him. That was at his mothers funeral." We looked around each other as he said that, Bobby's phone buzzes which breaks the silence, "earthquake alert, that's weird. You guys feel any thing?"

"Uh, m-mines a tsunami alert." Buck says, our phones start going off one by one, "tornado warning? Hold on why isn't the bell going off?" I ask as where all these warnings were coming from. Hens phone starts ringing, "evidently I'm dialing 911." She shows us her phone, that's it, technology is going to break the world. The calls were already coming in one by one, we didn't even have time to go back to the station, the first call was a woman was trapped under water inside her car. Me, Eddie and buck had to swim to save her, I pulled her out while the other two tried to pry the door open, the water ruined my hair but in all fairness it's better to save someones life.

"What the hell is happening?" Eddie said, We were surrounded by police cars and SWAT. "Artemis, Who did you punch this time?" I gave buck a side eye and Eddie helped me carry the woman so she wouldn't drown. "Shut up Buckley!" I yell at him. Chim and Ravi pull the woman out the water while Eddie gets on the boat first then helps us up one by one. There was a bug in a navigation app, who knew that one app could cause all of this destruction, there were several car pile ups which caused LAPD to stop by at the scene.
_________________________________