Chapter 100

"someone is knocking on the door, buck move your arm, your gonna suffocate me

"someone is knocking on the door, buck move your arm, your gonna suffocate me." I was trying to take a deep breath and I put my hand on his face to push him off of me. I found it funny he still didn't wake up but Luna was up bright and early. I go downstairs to open the door and see that it's Athena. "Hello sunshine, did I wake you up?" I let her in through the door. "Sorta, what can I help you with?.... I realized I just answered my own question, is that about my f- nope still can't say it but you know what I mean." I started to make serve luna her food and make myself a cup of coffee. "Yeah his case was closed but another was open regarding him. The drunk driver that caused the accident didn't die because of it, he was shot in the head multiple times. The family is looking for someone to blame, they think one of you or your brothers must of done it."

I almost spit out my coffee, "what? But there's no evidence that we did anything. We all had alibi's, we both know who it was, Athena. I hate to break it to you but I doubt you're going to get a whole gang in jail. It's like their calling card, why are they even pissed at us if their family member was the drunk one? If I cared about Alejandro I would've been pissed but it's been quite peaceful without hearing him talk if you ask me." She gave me a serious look, "Artemis, he had kids who loved their dad despite his issues. This isn't a joke, they are angry and want answers."

"Yeah and I'm pissed myself because I want nothing to do with this. Alejandro is his own person, I don't know him and I don't care enough to know him. I wouldn't cover for his ass unless it was going to affect all of us, so are you here as a cop or a friend of the victims family. If anything we as his children should've had held a grudge against that family for almost killing my father." She was getting mad and the tension between us was starting to escalate. "Don't get smart, Artemis. I'm only here to warn you, I'm sorry for your father by the way." Her faces softened, she knew that she was being too harsh but I don't blame her my smart mouth was being rude.

"Thanks... I guess. We uh found something in Mexico, it passed my mind." I showed her phone which showed the picture of the gun we found. "It was fully submerged under water, no fingerprints accessible, we found it in a river behind my old house." Buck soon came downstairs, he was shirtless and looked like he hadn't slept in ages, was even vigorously rubbing his eyes. "Look who just woke up." Athena laughed. "Athena? I didn't expect to see you this early, what's going on?" I yawned and chugged the coffee I had down. "The drunk driver's family is looking for someone to blame for the killing of the man and someone is my family."

"Why doesn't the police just look at the traffic cameras?" Buck sat next to me. "For your information Buckley, they were wiped and couldn't be recovered. I know you have alibis when it happened so I will try my best to get them to stop blaming you guys. If anything they should be the ones trying to apologize, how is your dad?" Athena asked. "He's in a coma, that all I know." I shrugged my shoulders. "She means that's all she wants to know." Buck said. "Whatever."

"This is going to sound awful but do you know what gun was used to kill your mom?" The room went silent after that. "Umm, no, not to my knowledge. Your not gonna go to Mexico to dig up her grave right? Well I actually don't where she was buried. Her body was never found after the incident. After that happened we left for a moment and when we came back her body was gone."
_________________________________