Chapter 80

"Whoa, that is a beautiful ring, you really went all out, chim

"Whoa, that is a beautiful ring, you really went all out, chim. Are you sure you wanna be keeping that here?" The light in the box nicely let the diamond ring glow, I couldn't seem to look away. "One of you planning on robbing me? If I kept it at home, I didn't want to risk Maddie finding it. "Maddie is going to lose it when she sees it." Eddie was just as mesmerized as I was, who wouldn't be, it's beautiful. "Yeah, seriously, this is amazing news, congratulationsy. We're officially gonna be family, come here. Brother-in-law." Buck and chim hug one another, "yes, yes very cool."

"Hey, you know what? I could officiate." Bobby says. "Oh, that'd be great, but we haven't really thought about..." Bobby cuts off chim, he was actually really excited about this. "I'll check with Athena but if you wanted to do something on the smaller side, we can could host in the back yard, rehearsal dinner or whatever." Chim was standing there looking confused and nervous the whole time about the situation. "Yeah, are you gonna do any traditional Korean wedding customs? You know, when my cousin got married. We basically had two very different, very elaborate ceremonies." Ravi said.

"Elaborate? I don't know about that. We haven't thought...." Buck now joins in on the conversation about helping chimney. "And don't you worry, we won't make you pick your best man just yet." Of course he already assumes it's him, who am I to burst his bubble. "Mm, I mean is there even really a question?" Hen says. "Hen it's my sister." Gee I think Maddie wouldn't be the bridezilla, buck although would be. Hen gave buck a smirk, we all know, well at least I do that hen is chims best man. In this case, girl. "I think you all are jumping the gun a bit here and you are stressing me out. I still have to pop the actual question."

"So what's the plan?" I ask him, "come on, it's chim- we know it's gonna be some grand romantic gesture. Do you remember the guy who proposed while skydiving?" I stop him from continuing as he puts his arm around my shoulder. "You mean the guy who broke both femurs and cracked three ribs? Chim it doesn't have to be anything insane." I step on bucks foot and take his arm off my shoulder. I swear if he would ever propose to me, it would sound like that proposal would go wrong in so many ways. "I'm gonna keep this really simple, so after dinner, we put jee to bed, boom! I get down on one knee and I ask her."

My jaw dropped and we all looked at one another. "Oh chim, no, no, no. If you even do that to me, I will throw that ring far away." I whispered the last sentence to buck. "Noted." He said immediately and scared. "Proposals are kinda big these days but hey, you do what you want okay? Just saying, it be might be an opportunity." Eddie throws his opinion but we were all thinking the same thing. "A huge opportunity, you know, Maddie deserves something that she's gonna remember forever, you both do. No-no, you can't propose without a plan." Buck says. "Copy that, gotta have a plan." Chim repeats those words again but he was definitely nervous.
_________________________________

"I tried to warn them for exactly this reason. People don't understand how dangerous this thing is." The angry man said, the call was at a landfill, it smelled horrible but it's not like i could anything about it but hold my breath. "Can you pinpoint where they were approximately?" Bobby asks, "one came down the side and then the other one right through the middle but the whole damn mountain shifted, they're burried in good." I was really hoping cap would say we're going into trash. "All right we're looking for two men, Artemis, Ravi. I want you in harnesses and safety lines, you're going up top. Hen, chim, buck, you're staying down below searching the perimeter. Keep your gas masks handy incase any hydrogen sulfide escapes those piles."