Chapter 87

"Hey you do remember that I live alone right? And sometimes you occasionally stay here which is always a blessing

"Hey you do remember that I live alone right? And sometimes you occasionally stay here which is always a blessing." I suck my teeth, "but you're supposed to be taking it easy and letting your body heal. Ive known you long enough to know what you eat and what you don't. I saved you the trouble of going grocery shopping, you know better than to fight me on this." I started to put the groceries in his fridge. "You didn't have to do that, Ari. I'm fine." I turned around to face him. "Buck, you died, okay? And not almost. You actually died. We don't know the repercussions of that, I'm just trying to help you. You took care of me all those times I've been injured, it's to the point where I lost count how many times I ended up in the hospital."

"Okay but it was only for three minutes. Come on, if I can't make a joke about dying. What's the point in living?" I can't believe him sometimes. "Alright, fair enough." I rolled my eyes at him, "okay, uh, hey. Don't you have a a shift today?" I immediately face him. "Oh I see where this is going, Are you getting tired of me? Seems to me like you're trying to get rid of me." I unload the rest of the groceries. "No, I'm just turning the tables, I'm starting to worry about you. You have a job, you have a pet to take care of, you have a lot to deal with. You shouldn't be running over here all the time." I scoffed. "Says the one who was literally taking care of me 24/7, you should be lucky I'm not living with you. You went through something a lot worse than what I did-"

"But I promise you, I can take care of myself, okay? My fingers are not broken, I can order my own food. All I need is attention is from my beautiful girlfriend, not another mother." I wave my finger in his face. "Oh no, no, you said you can handle yourself. You don't need to be babied, you were right about another thing. I think im gonna go to work early, work out a bit. You're on your own Buckley." He gets a hold of my arm before I leave. "Wait- uh I actually do appreciate what you're doing. You don't need to be worried about me." He pulls me into a hug, "I'm just glad you're still here for me to be worried about, you kinda scared me for a second." He tries to kiss me but I swerved him. "No, you can take care of yourself, right? Good luck. Also touch me like that again and I will break your jaw, love ya."

Getting home after a long and boring shift is definitely something alright, it was quite at home. Apollo wasn't there, it was just me and Luna. Some people can fathom to eat especially after seeing blood and different body parts that should be seen in public eye. I didn't care I was fucking starving. I made me rice with a couple of sautéed veggies and ate in peace while watching movies on the TV. I couldn't help but think was Alejandro actually trying to fix our relationship, I mean he did help a lot with Margret and Philip. What's is wrong with you Artemis? Of course he's not, look at you. Pathetic to think that he would actually act like dad to you.

I checked my upcoming appointments, another psychological evaluation, made by my primary doctor. Of course she would do that, a referral to see if I still need my medication. holy shit it's tomorrow, Right after my shift, great! I hated that so much, they better not tell me to drop the Xanax and do regular therapy. I will simply decline, I'm not insane, I just need to forget things. My life is stressful and the medicine helps, I'm not addicted or anything. I could go without it but I prefer it close to me.
_________________________________