Chapter 61

I was walking to the truck to restock it and chimney scares me out of nowhere, "A familiar face, finally!" He was about to go in for a hug but stops himself, "you still don't like people touching you?" He already knew it, "yeah but, bring it in

I was walking to the truck to restock it and chimney scares me out of nowhere, "A familiar face, finally!" He was about to go in for a hug but stops himself, "you still don't like people touching you?" He already knew it, "yeah but, bring it in. Welcome back, we missed you." I give him a hug and he laughs, "even you? I'm afraid that's the first and last time I'll hear that. There's so many new firefighters around here, I thought I walked into the wrong house."

"Well, on the plus side, we're no longer the new guys." Ravi pointed me and him. "I was never just the new girl, I actually fitted in quickly, it was just buck who was a pain in my ass. Be grateful I wasn't an ass like buck." I cross my arms. "Oh I always am." Ravi responds. "They grow up so fast, don't they?" I laugh at chimneys remark. "Oh look who decided to stop by and just in time for lunch." We all adored caps food but there were somethings requiring meat that I wanted to eat but I had to stick with my morals. "Can't wait to see what caps cooking, let's go." Chimney was excited to see what we were having for lunch, I don't blame him for missing caps food.

"This is... not cooked." Chimney had a frown on his face, meanwhile me and hen were laughing on the inside. "What do you want me to warm it up for you in the microwave? You're saying no to my sushi?" Bobby was starting to get offended, "I'm not saying no, I'm saying why?" Ravi couldn't help himself but enjoy Bobby's sushi, "I'm saying yes to whatever he doesn't want, so.." Bobby then gives in, "nevermind, I'll cook something for you, Artemis gave me some good Mexican recipes that are meat free if your up for that." Ravi's eyes immediately go me, "no fair she gets to have that but I can't?"

"Relax, what are you in the mood for chim? I have red snapper, founder, how do you feel about tilapia." All our faces had a disgusted expression, "how does anyone feel about tilapia, cap?" We all agreed with her, "okay, so what's up with all the fish? You guys become pescatarians or something while I was gone." I shook my head no vigorously and started to play my cheese tacos, with lettuce, hot sauce and sour cream. I'm about to take my lactaid pill any minute now, but if it doesn't work I'm going to cry. "We had a call at a fish market the other day." Hen says.

"They paid you in flounder?" Chim makes fun of the situation, "hey, how about a little seared salmon? Little finer, little lemon, little garlic? What do you say?" All of they're eyes kept following me while I walked away with my plate of food. "Or we can have what she's having." They all agreed with cap and he started plating more of the food.
_________________________________

"It's uh.. he's, Uh.. in here." officer Vargas leads us to a man's room, it was dark and cold. We had to use our flashlights to be able to see. "You trying to set the mood, Vargas?" Bobby said then turned on the lights. "Oh wow, that's alot of webbery." Lucy said. This man was completely wrapped in webs while his blanket was on top of him. "I'm getting a reading, he's still alive under there, hen." Bobby uses a thermal imaging device to see if the man was still alive. "Artemis, can you pass me the scissors." I hand her the scissors and she begins to cut through the web. "Lucy stand by with that C02 extinguisher, it should knock out whatever cold blood creatures might've spun these webs." She makes one cut and spiders start to come out. We immediately backed up, I really hate spiders, Lucy immediately used the extinguisher.