Chapter 98

I sat there watching the boys play basketball for a while, put my headphones on and started to listen to music

I sat there watching the boys play basketball for a while, put my headphones on and started to listen to music. I started noticed that buck started getting more frustrated by the minute. "Buck, Buck, I'm open!" Chim was calling out for the ball which was in bucks hands. Eddie soon stole the ball from and was running to the other side of the court. Buck chased after him and as he was about to made a basket, Buck pushed him which caused Eddie to sprain his ankle. he was on the floor holding his ankle in pain. I immediately got up to check out what happened.
"All right, make way, make way. Let an actual paramedic through. Easy, easy" Chim said as he checked on Eddie. "All right, give me the compression wrap." I hand him the wrap and all  I hear was eddies groans.

"Did you hear that pop?" I nodded my head. "They probably heard that pop from the beach. It's an inversion at the talocrural joint. Could be a tib/fib fracture." I said, Chim wrapped up his ankle. "Worst case, it's a lateral sprain. You're gonna need an x-ray." Guilt was written all over bucks face. "Uh hey, I can bring my jeep right here." He suggested. " my cars close. There's an urgent care on the way to his house. I drove him, I can take him." Tommy said. Chim and Tommy help up and I feel my phone buzz, I had four missed calls from Serena. I called her back and she answers.

"Did something happen?" I asked her. "We really need to talk, Artemis." Something was definitely wrong, i felt it in my stomach. "I'm on my way." I hung up and looked back at buck was already looking at me. "I have to go buck, Serena wants to talk to me and it doesn't sound good from the way she said it." He nodded his head. "I- I can drive you." He offered. "I'm good, I'm saying this in the most nicest way possible but you really need to figure out what's going on. you should probably go talk to eddie and chim. I know you didn't mean to hurt either of them, buck." He knew deep down that I was right. It hurt him to see his friends mad at him. "Okay, can I stop by your place after?"

One thing about buck, is that he does something he's not supposed to he doesn't like being alone in his thoughts. It drives him crazy and causes him to overthink everything. "Of course." I gave him a reassuring kiss and ran to go catch a cab.
_________________________________

When I got home I saw Serena standing at the door, her black leather jacket stood out. It could be hot as hell outside but she would still wear a fashionable jacket. Once she saw me her eyes traced my whole figure, she looked at me the same way buck always does. I immediately took out my keys to prepare to open the door. "Hey." Escapes her lips. "Hi." I say murmured, I had to admit that I was nervous. We went inside and I placed my keys on the count.

"You look great." She tells me and I nervously laugh. "So are you gonna tell me what's going on?" She took a deep breath and look straight in the eyes. "There's not really easy way to say this, you know me very well, Ari and you helped me so much over the years. You helped me come out, find out who I really am and taught me not to be ashamed of myself. Fuck, I don't even know where'd I be without you. People always thought of us as sisters but lately I haven't been seeing it that way." I gave her a confused look. "W-what are you talking about?" I crossed my arms.