Chapter 37

I spent the whole morning, trying to style my hair, I gave up because my arms got tired and I put it into a ponytail with my curtain bangs sticking out

I spent the whole morning, trying to style my hair, I gave up because my arms got tired and I put it into a ponytail with my curtain bangs sticking out. I get changed into my uniform and head to the station, I honestly didn't care if my scars were showing anymore, it's time for me to go back to my old self, not giving a single fuck about what anyone says. I walk past Eddie and Buck, I could just feel their eyes on me, and I go to my locker and stuff my shit in. I talked to Hen for a bit and I could see Eddie walking towards me, "New hair huh?"

"Yep, let me guess he told you what happened?" I fixed my ponytail and put in a few bobby pins so it wouldn't fall. "Yeah. Do you want to hear it from me or would you rather hear him out?" I turn my head to face him, "how about none? Eddie, I didn't come to work to kiss and make up with him, I could go give two shits about what he does."

"I don't think that's true, you still care deep down and your hurt by his actions. I know you well enough Artemis and I know buck, this is a big misunderstanding." I laugh at his words, I shake my head no. "Whatever it is, I know what I saw. Whether I tell him how I feel or not, he's still gonna go back to Taylor. I'm not gonna wait for him to make up his mind on who he wants, if I didn't want him then I would have never kissed him back." I get up and leave and see Buck staring at me.
_________________________________

"Make sure everyone stays back until cars have been de-energized and all the airbags have been checked. Dispatch send another R.A. units here ASAP." a car crash was caused by one person a drunk one, and 3 people were confirmed dead. "Dispatch says they got a call from the driver's son, Jacob."

"The kid is still in the car?" Eddie gets the jaws and pries the door open, I was able to find the kid unconscious but alive. Still couldn't get both people out, so they decided to cut the top off because the roof was too bent inside to pull them out. Buck uses the saw, I step to the side so they can carry the roof of the car off and Eddie helps chim with the driver. "Young male victim, possible vertebrae break, Artemis get me a neck brace." hen puts the neck brace on I quickly grab the kid and place him on the gurney for hen to check him out. "I think I found something that added to her confusion." Athena holds up a bottle of fireball whisky. "How many people have to die tonight because she was drunk and stupid?" me and bobby looked at each other because of the experience of either being an alcoholic or being traumatized by one who was an alcoholic.

"Hey! Renfrow! Did you disable the airbags? It doesn't look like you did." the car explodes and sends Bobby flying against a car. "Cap you good?" I ask him. "Get Renfrow!" he quickly gets up and I run towards Renfrow and pull him on his back to see half of his face with small burn marks. "The driver... Did- did you get the driver?"

"Got him." Buck comes in and tries to pry the door open to get the driver out of the car. "He's got a pulse but his skin is like paper. I- I need a burn blanket!" Buck and Bobby get the driver out and I notice Bobby staring at the driver. "Cap, we're moving Renfrow now, burn units have been advised."