Chapter 70

"Can someone tell me what happened?" A call was made in the middle of nowhere, there was no town just a small house

"Can someone tell me what happened?" A call was made in the middle of nowhere, there was no town just a small house. "We unleashed our primal selves." She makes a bird sound, "these people appear to be hallucinating." I put on my sunglasses and talk to hen and chim. "How would you know?" I laugh awkwardly, "I have experience but whatever they are on, I want in on it too." I whisper to them and we see a man on the ground feeling the dirt, "he dosed us man, then dude went over." The woman next to him was moving her hands around in a circular motion as if she was trying to cast a spell. "Over where?" Bobby asks, The guy was clueless.

We all look over the edge and see the man trapped at the bottom of the cliff. "Sir are you hurt?" Hen yells from afar, "I uh, I think I sprained my ankle on the way down." He was trying his best not to move at all. "Okay everybody, ladder rescue. Hen, chim, prep a basket. Buck, Ravi, Lucy start extending that ladder over the edge of the cliff. I'm gonna go down to get him, Artemis you're with me."

"Copy that cap." I get suited up on the harness and put my helmet on. "You set?" He asks me, "set." We slowly start to make our way down the cliff, I was the first one to go down. "All right, Eugene, you hang tight, we're almost there." I got down first, then we felt the ground shake, "that didn't feel right, cap." Pieces of rock were falling on top of us. "Artemis, unhook now. The cliffs coming down and it's taking the ladder with it." I unhook my harness and get down to the side of the cliff while trying to cover my head, the engine fell down the cliff fast and we sat there in horror. "Cap!" I can hear chimney yell.
_________________________________

When we got back to the firehouse we're watching tv but every damn Channel was taking about Jonah. "Must we keep reliving this?" Chimney sits next to me. "Literally every Channel is talking about this." Ravi says. Hen shuts it off and all you can hear is Buck arguing with Bobby. "Cmon cap, I- I know every one is mad about Taylor's story." I was mad that my name was everywhere, I kept getting stared at when I went to a restaurant with my brothers. "No one is mad." He said

"Chief Alonzo seemed pretty mad when he was interrogating me." Buck was starting to get frustrated, "this was a hearing about Jonah, buck, not an interrogation." I stay silent unless someone can't keep my name out their mouth, "no the interrogation came after the hearing in his office. He kept nagging me about her, like where does she get her information? Who are her sources? Am I one of them?" He probably was, this wasn't the only time that Taylor leaked classified information. "It would have been better for the department if they could release this story themselves, control the narrative a bit."

"Yeah, well, they aren't the only ones. She promised me, cap. She promised me she wouldn't do the story and I believed her, I'm sorry I let you down." It was sad to hear buck talk like that but we all knew the girl was a blabber mouth. "This wasn't your fault, Buck, you know, I can't even blame Taylor for all of this. She's a reporter, she wasn't the one running around playing god under my nose. Three of my guys are traumatized from that." Bobby was being too hard on himself, I'm just glad be believed us. "Cap you couldn't have known."