Chapter 31

"Where's Buck? Is he joining us?" Bobby asks Eddie while taking out chicken from the oven, we all love it when he cooks, typically everyone goes for seconds

"Where's Buck? Is he joining us?" Bobby asks Eddie while taking out chicken from the oven, we all love it when he cooks, typically everyone goes for seconds. I usually just eat a salad because I'm vegetarian, I don't want Bobby making a separate meal. "On the phone with Dr. Copeland, emergency therapy session, he had to ask her for advice on some uh de-escalation techniques."

I was making the salad while the rest were trying to set up the table. "What? Is he afraid his parent's visit is gonna turn into a hostage situation?" chimney drops all the utensils on the ground, he's definitely hiding something. "What?" he tries to act normal. "What do you think they're like? The parents I mean, I look at maddie and then I look a buck and I'm like.. Theres a story there." hen tries to figure everything out. "You have no idea." chim whispers under his breath and we all look at him.

"None of us has an idea. Which is too bad because we all knew, we could talk about what we know then we'd all know it. No one would be stuck keeping anything to themselves, alone, with no one to talk to about some potentially explosive information they really wish they didn't know." we stare at him weirdly then he finally looks at all of us. "I gotta go." he drops the utensils and slides to the pole to get away as fast as he can. "Do we even want to know what was that about?"

"No." Bobby shakes his head, "Definitely not, so Artemis we hear that you are going to be at this Buckley family reunion, how are you feeling?" hen asks I was staring off into space but then quickly blinked. "Uh, strange, maddie asked me to be there for Buck. He didn't mind the idea but was weirded out by the reason why I had to be there."

"What's the reason?" Eddie takes a spoonful of salad and puts it on his plate. "I had to be his fake girlfriend." I look down at my plate and they start bursting out laughing. "Hey! It's not funny! I already had to do this for Eddie and now Buck? This should be my part-time job at this point."
_________________________________

To be fair I was nervous about the whole idea of meeting Buck's parents especially when I heard that Buck had to have an emergency therapy session because of them. I grab my bag make my way to my far and make sure to apply a thin coat of lip gloss on. Ugh why was I trying too hard, I drive off while listening to music to brace myself for what I'm going into. I pop a pill before entering and knock on Maddie's door, I didn't expect Buck to open it up and look at me up and down. "I'm here now, Buckley you better make it worth it." he pulls me into a side hug and with a side kiss, as a greet. Same with chimney, maddie, and Albert. "You look great, Thank you so much for being here for him, Artemis, it means a lot. I'm just hoping that this all goes well." she was insanely nervous, and I had to calm her down by taking a few breaths. "Your right that does feel better."

"I've never seen your hair curled, it looks nice," Buck says to me. "That's because it's too much work, I spent two hours getting ready but thanks for the compliment."

"I've got wine- red, white, sparking, in case you wanna do any celebratory toasts and tequila. Not sure why we needed two bottles." Buck holds it up chimney and quickly takes them out of Buck's hands. "Those are for me."