Chapter 57

I woke up with buck completely on top of me, nothing happened because we had a kid sleep next door but buck likes to hog the whole bed

I woke up with buck completely on top of me, nothing happened because we had a kid sleep next door but buck likes to hog the whole bed. I reached my arm out for my phone to check the time then my eyes shot wide. "Buck, Buck, buck wake the fuck up, we're late for work!" I started to shake him and he woke up all confused. "Bobby will kill us if we're late!" I got up quickly and ran to my bathroom, "we still have an hour left until our shift starts!" He groans into a pillow. "You may live close to the firehouse but the traffic here sucks, especially on a damn Friday. Either you wake up or I will drag you by your ear, you know I will Evan!" I yell from the bathroom and started getting changed.

"What are you looking at, close your eyes." I stop myself from taking off my shirt, he was chilling on my bed with no worries. "Its nothing I haven't seen before.... Ari." I glanced at him quickly and got changed in front of him. "So you think you've earned that privilege to call me that?" I asked him while I was rushing to do my hair. "I..." it's fun to make him nervous, "I guess you can start calling me that." I laughed and he released a deep breath, "no get changed." I throw his shirt at him and I go wake up Santi in his room. I noticed that he wasn't in his room, I went into panic mode and went running downstairs while calling out his name. As I was done running down the stairs I saw Andreas and Santi hugging, my heart started to slow down.

"You scared the life out of me kid, I thought something happened to you." When I was done talking buck walks down stairs and stops at the sight of Andreas, he quickly covers santi's ears, "What is he doing here? You two didn't... while Santi was here right?" I immediately corrected him, "what kind of aunt do you think I am? No we didn't Andreas, not that it's any of your fucking business." I say through my teeth. "I'll see you later at the firehouse, Ari, Hey Andreas." He says awkwardly. "Hi to you too, Buckley." Buck quickly walked to his car, "I have to go to work now, see ya."
_________________________________

"From the neighborhood?" Eddie says, we were sitting by the truck while waiting for Ravi with coffee, "yep that's all she said, like he was some guy she used to see on the corner or something." Hen was explaining to us about her situation with her mom and a victim that we met on a call earlier that day. "She definitely used to see him, all right. Clive and Toni were a definitely a thing and I mean, like a big time long-lost love kinda thing. My abuela would eat this up, she loves a good telenovela." Eddie grins at her response, buck was feeling sassy that day, he definitely had an attitude. "Oh, cause uh, cause you don't? Come on I know you watch them with Christopher." Eddie nods his head. "That's how we practice our Spanish."

"Uh-huh." Buck smiles, "Buck don't like you don't sit there watching them with me, hell you even learned some Spanish from that." We all laugh and Buck rolls his eyes. "Real question is what happens next in this story?" Eddie asks hen, "well I- I do have his number, I could call him. I mean just to see how he's doing after his fall." Of course eddie wants to see where this ends so he lowkey encourages it. "Whoa, hold on, you don't know why they broke up, right?I mean, I mean, what if theres some deep trauma that shouldn't be poked at." Buck says. "Who is this guy and what happened to Buck? When did you do get so wise?" I ask him, then Ravi comes in with coffee for the rest of the people on the truck. "Three minutes? How the hell did you manage to shave almost three minutes off of bucks best coffee run time?" I told Ravi.