Chapter 16

I wake up bright and early, do my morning routine, ointment on my forehead from the wound that is on it, and get ready for the day

I wake up bright and early, do my morning routine, ointment on my forehead from the wound that is on it, and get ready for the day. I hear a knock on the door and see that it's Eddie and Christopher.

"Thank you so much again, Artemis, I owe you one. Call me if anything happens." he hands me Christopher's medical bag and leaves us at the door to go to play with Santi. "you don't owe me shit Diaz except never hug me again which should be easy enough. Nothing is gonna happen, you're lucky the house is full of train medics and even a pediatrician so we're all good."

"I'll pick him up once my shift is over." I nod my head and he heads out into his truck, Eddie texted me a list of what he does and doesn't eat. The majority of what he eats isn't meat which should be easy because I don't either. The entire time, we watch movies, do arts and crafts, and eat. Chris made a cute snowman card for Eddie, we sorta made a mess with glue but we cleaned it up.
_________________________________

"Chris, your dad should be here, soon. By the message he sent me, he's excited to see you. Am I a better babysitter than Buck?"

"I can't say....Ari are you and Buck dating?" My eyes go wide, leaving me speechless. "Nahhhh, I think Buck has feelings for someone else, I'm too busy to be doing that kinda thing. But I'm very thankful for your dad being such an amazing... Friend, he raised a smart handsome young man." He hugs me and starts to gather his things, "Santi! Bien aquí! Despídete, ya casi se va."

Christopher and Santi are like a chaotic duo, they call each other best friends, I'm happy to see Santi stepping out of his comfort zone. Santi was taught well to protect his friends and family and always be nice unless someone is being a jerk to him. Of course, Andreas and Atlas taught him that, me and Apollo are more aggressive when it comes to that.

I open my door and see Eddie. "Christopher?" Eddie goes running to his kid and hugs him, you can feel and see the love a dad can bring to his kid. Unfortunately, I never got that, instead, I got an ass whipping and scars from it, thanks a lot Dad, way to show maturity.

He steps aside and I see Buck standing there, "Hi." He says and I look into his hypnotizing eyes. "Artemis? Are you okay?" He asks me and I finally return back to reality. "I'm good, kinda spaced out there. Long shift?"

"Definitely, here, I wanted to personally deliver this." He gives me a small box and I furrow my eyebrows. "What about the dragon?" He chuckles and I stand there awkwardly. "Wait you didn't actually think, I was being serious right?"

 "Wait you didn't actually think, I was being serious right?"