Chapter 82

"Hey, Conner listen, I-i know you guys are going through some stuff but your wife cannot live in my apartment forever, okay? You have your talk to her

"Hey, Conner listen, I-i know you guys are going through some stuff but your wife cannot live in my apartment forever, okay? You have your talk to her." Buck spoke to Conner over the phone in a low voice so that he wouldn't wake up Kameron. "She won't talk to me, I think it's her crazy pregnancy brain." Buck was starting to get annoyed. "Please don't tell me you used those exact words with her. Well if you did, it would explain some things."

"Why don't you talk to her?" Conner says to buck. "Ah, listen, not my wife, not my baby. I already have to fix things with my girlfriend-" Conner cuts buck off angrily. "Well technically.." Buck was already done with conversation and wanted to tell Artemis everything but he was scared to. "Don't even go there, you're having a kid now. Okay? You-you have to grow up, stop hiding, and find a way to be honest with Kameron. Artemis doesn't know what I did and I wanted to be the one to tell her last night before Kameron showed up at my front door. Be honest with her and tell her how you feel."

Buck had no clue that Kameron came down the stairs with a jar of pickles in her hand. "Buck? Who are you talking to? Your girlfriend? Tell her I said hi." Buck tries to play it off as best as he can. "I'm not talking to any... uh." Buck heard from the other side of the phone telling him not to hang up. "Um actually it was a telemarketer. Yeah, I got you." He puts his phone in his pocket and helps Kameron open up the jar. "Okay, I am headed to work, uh, you-you have a good day." He said in a nice tone, it's was difficult for him to be mean especially a woman. "Okay thanks, be safe." She muffled as she put a piece of pickle in her mouth.
_________________________________

Bobby had rounded us up for morning announcements and chim was busy showing off his ring for now. "Firefighter Han, I was gonna save this until the end, but why not make it the first order of business? Congratulations on popping the question." We all clapped for him, Maddie and chim were finally getting married. "All right, apparatus maintenance, firefighter Diaz will be running point this morning on engine service. We'll be doing an oil change and a brake fluid change, Eddie?" He was busy on his phone until Bobby finally got his attention. "Yeah cap?"

"Apparatus maintenance?" Bobby asked him. "I'm on it, cap." Before Bobby could start talking we all heard a not so quiet Buck speaking on the phone. "Uh, hey listen, I-i can't... I can't talk right now. No, I can't, Kameron, I don't know why he's calling you. Maybe if you answer the phone, you'll find out..." Bobby gave buck a stern stare and he hung up quickly. "Uh, sorry cap, um.." cap then brings back his focus to us. "Uh cap? Can I just say, if buck needs to get the pregnant lady out of his apartment, I do have a two bedroom, that's about to be on the market." Ravi says.

"She's still staying with you? It's been two weeks." I add to the conversation, that's why he doesn't want me there. "Thank you, Ravi and Artemis. Maybe a discussion for another time. 118, it's time to dial in! We have a job to do and in order to do that job, you have to be here. I need precision, I need focus but most of all I need you to be present!" Hen comes in rushing late and once the meeting was done, buck was trying to talk to me but Eddie got in the way and did me a favor. "Let her cool off, you don't need a busted lip or a black eye." The bell rings and we run into the engine and make our way to the call.