Chapter 45

The next day

The next day...

The LAFD were now enforcing firefighters to put on bulletproof vests when taking calls, there may be a sniper targeting firefighters but the calls don't stop. "What about our families are they in danger too?" Hen asks the 118 was huddled up together talking about new protocols, "we have no reason to think that." Buck on the other hand was kinda over the sad phase then it mostly turned into anger. "We had no reason to think Eddie and Artemis would get shot helping a kid either." Everyone starts to notice that buck was more angry about the situation now, they understand Eddie because he's bucks best friend but they expect him to be pissed about Artemis too much. "If we had the resources to put an officer at every door, I would do that, but we don't."

Eddie was now allowed to have visitors but Artemis was still in critical condition, they managed to get the bullet out but the next 24 hours were critical. Ana was by his side the entire time, but the Cruz brothers promised to wait for buck so they could visit Artemis. Andreas left Santi and Christopher with Serena, she was a great babysitter despite the interesting choices she'd made before. Buck had a hard time with Chris because he wanted to talk to his dad but Eddie hadn't woken up yet.

Athena had been working hard with detective Denver's about this case, she soon got a hold of the caliber bullet that was taken into evidence. Denver's was lucky to have Athena because she is smart and acts fast, one thing about Athena is that she never gives up.
________________________________

"You got a man pinned by a cable there?" Bobby asks the head of the construction crew, "we don't know how the cable came unseated but it's got that on the end of it. There's at least a couple thousand pounds of pressure on his arm, you can see it on the feed." Bobby follows the man to see the feed but he had seemed to forgotten that buck tends take matters into his own hands. "Ooh, arterial bleed, cap. With travel time he's got eight minutes." Hen says but chim backs her up. "Maybe ten, it's pretty high up his arm, he can bleed out quickly."

"I talked to SWAT, they're still ten minutes out. You'd be completely unprotected up there. Officer Williams says. Chim looks around and sees buck already climbing up, "I think he already beat you to it." Buck was trying his best to get up there fast to get to the man on the little time they had. "Buck, nobody cleared you to go up there. You are completely exposed and we don't have anyway to protect you. Buckley, Buckley respond." Bobby was pissed with buck for defying orders but buck was being buck, helping everyone else. "I got this cap, I brought a tourniquet, hen and chim can walk me through anything else I need to do."

"Can you blame him cap? He just saw his best friend get shot and I don't know what he is to the other one." Chim says. Fearless Buckley was looking around him to make sure he didn't see anyone with a gun. "Alright his name is cliff and that cable that's got him pinned- there's no way to move it. You gotta cut it to release the beam and apply pressure." Hen and chim were walking him through everything, he still had a long way to go. "My name is buck and I'm gonna need to get you down." Buck is very careful with his steps and while looking around him.