Chapter 73

"Oh thank god, my husband tried to go shock and awe on a gopher

"Oh thank god, my husband tried to go shock and awe on a gopher. I don't know if he's hurt oe not." I had no idea what the hell this woman just said so I looked at chim in confusion. "The gopher?" Chim asked, Bobby had a few days off so someone was stepping in. "Not the Goldberg." She says until a man steps in, "holly get them out of here." He yells. "Is that your husband? He seems pretty banged up." Buck asks.

"Not him." She was clearly annoyed, "hey cap!" Eddie says and hen walks in with the captains helmet. "Don't call me that, ma'am, who exactly do you think is hurt here?" The woman had blood trickling down the side of her head, "my neighbor... Gary." She was hiding something, "his house looks fine." I was accompanying chim and stepping in for hen, Eddie was finally back on the job. "He wasn't over there."

Turns out holly and Gary had been having an affair, sneaking through a secret passageway under the ground. "He was under there." Buck and Eddie were standing there were shovels while I checked out the tunnel. "A tunnel of lust?" I said out loud. "We had no other choice, my husband has cameras everywhere." She was definitely embarrassed at the fact that she was caught. "All right, Artemis see if you can access the tunnel from inside." I nod my head, "copy that cap, uh sorry, force of habit."

"Buck, eddie start digging up out here, chim, looks like Benjamin took a hit, check him out, find out what he knows." I go inside the house and into the woman's closet to find the tunnel. "Hey, Artemis, the homeowner says it's under the carpet beneath the rollaway shoe rack." I I look around finally caught the cute carpet that was hiding a secret. "I see it, copy that." I took off the carpet and my jaw dropped. "Oh shit." I get on my knees and look in the tunnel with my flash light, is it weird I find this romantic? I took off my bulky jacket and put on a headlamp. "Anybody hear me? LAFD, can you hear me?"

I soon see a hand and checked his vitals, is it bad I wanna go a couple of inches so I don't get stuck in small spaces? "Hey, cap. I found him, he's conscious but his pulse is really low. He's in one piece but I'm gonna need help to get him out. Wait hen, there's something else, Gary's got nails in his shoulder." I waited for someone to come and see bucks head peep through. He helps me get Gary out of the tunnel and out of the house

The woman comes rushing towards him while buck and I are holding the man so he doesn't fall. Hen started to put the clues together and turns out Benjamin knew that about the affair going on. He was trying to destroy the tunnels and he wanted to get rid of Gary. "Eddie zip tie his hands." Eddie was more than happy to do it. "Wait what?" Benjamin was confused, "sir, you're under arrest. Dispatch, this is captain 118, we're gonna need a black and white at our current location. Our backyard accident seems to be an attempted murder, we've apprehended a suspect." She says through the radio. "How are you allowed to do this?" He yells, "All LAFD personnel are sworn peace officers, it been that way for what? 100 years." Eddie says.
_________________________________

As I was helping hen study for her test, I was staring at a textbook book until I feel something fall on top of me. I look down and it was popcorn being thrown on me and hen. "YOU GUYS KNOW NOT TO MESS WITH MY HAIR!!" I get up and start chasing buck and Eddie, chim gave up. I jumped on eddies back and started to mess up his hair. "NOT THE HAIR!" I get off of him and put my hair in a ponytail, "you're next Buckley!" He runs away and I go back to help hen study.