Chapter 24

"It looks so romantic till someone has to call 9-1-1

"It looks so romantic till someone has to call 9-1-1. I heard Dispatch gets a lot of calls from these things." bucks says after looking at the hot air balloon. "That thing looks like a death trap." we get off the truck and assess the situation. "Oh my god, please, please help." the woman begs. "How old is your daughter ma'am?"

"She's ten and I thought she was too young to carry a phone so I couldn't even call her." She starts to sob, "Look, there's a radio up in the basket, that's how Nick and I communicate, mines in the truck." The worker says. "Kay, go get it." Chim and hen help the man who seems to have hit his head on a rock. "You got blunt force head, injury try not to move your head. He's in and out of consciousness pupils are equal and reactive."

"Pupils are equal and reactive, let's get him on a backboard to transport," Hen says. "The girl." Those words managed to escape the mouth of the man with the head injury. "We are working on that right now."

"Cap, they issued a wind advisory for this area possible 40 miles an hour gusts." How the hell did he know that? I know now because his dumbass searched it up, only Buck would do that. "Those ropes don't look like they reach more than 30 feet, she needs to get lower," I say to Bobby, see I can be smart too.

"Okay we should be in the range give her a try." The mom begins to talk on the radio to try to talk to her daughter. Whenever is see parents concerned about their children, it breaks my heart to see the love that they have for one another, I just don't admit it. "Mom? Where are you?" I hear the voice of an innocent young girl. "Baby I'm right behind you, we're in a fire truck and we're following you."

"It won't stop, it's flying faster." She cries. "Baby there are ropes above you, you can use them to steer, do you see them?"

"I- can't I'm scared." The rest are silent in the l truck, I just look out the window the entire time. "I know, I'm scared too."

"Yeah but you're a grown-up, I'm a kid in a stupid air balloon." The mother continues to talk to her with words of encouragement. "I know you feel powerless, but you're not, you have all the power right now, so use it."

"She's dropping hard cap! We're not gonna make it before she lands." I say.

"Looks like she's headed for this open field." The truck drives faster to catch up, we stop the truck and run after the ropes. The guys held it down while I was able to jump in the basket and grab the girl. "I got you, I got you." I jumped out of the balloon with the girl once it landed on the ground. "Thank you so much." The mom tells us.
_________________________________

The topic of Valentine's Day arises, they are mostly talking about what they're doing with their partners, I think it's a stupid holiday, not because I'm single, I have my reasons. Buck was g, giving everyone his opinion on what he would do for each couple, hen took his advice but Eddie laughed at his words.

"Hear me out, nice candle-lit dinner was a violinist in the background, poof, a happy night," he tells Bobby. Personally, I would fall asleep to that, and I'm not a romantic person, which says a lot. "No plans Artemis?" hen asks "Not much of a romantic person and I stay in bed watching movies and watching others get dumped or cheated on." I furrow my eyebrows and scoff.