Chapter 49

It's been a week since the city of Los Angeles lost its power and neighborhoods are gathering together to share their food and for houses that have a generators to provide somewhat of power

It's been a week since the city of Los Angeles lost its power and neighborhoods are gathering together to share their food and for houses that have a generators to provide somewhat of power. Micheal opened up his house to his neighbors while my house had back up generators incase something like this would happen. "Seriously cap? I know everyone loves breakfast for dinner but powder eggs?" Chimney complains to Bobby, "we have a lot more mouths to feed than usual with the emergency recall procedure out in place. You know the drill, all shifts in the house until further notice."

"Could you stash some off the good stuff in the back for the A shift?" Chimney tries to negotiate, both shifts were here stuck incase of a call. "Refrigerator is off line and off limits starting this afternoon. We've been running that generator 24-7, we gotta cut back on fuel use." The B shift women don't like me very much, they call me a bitch and stuck up. I love my fanbase, they're mad that they are stuck with the B shift, to them it's not fair I just came in and got handed everything. To be honest it's not like I had a choice but now I do care, I hate to admit it but they're my friends and what I hate the most is that Eddie is my best friend. He will always have buck heart though, no competition there. "Hey can I borrow your charger? My phone died." chim waves around his phone. "Oh sorry, this is my department issued personal charging device and sharing is against protocol." hen says

"What? Who issued you that." He was confused while hen laughed in his face. "I see someone hasn't met power czar." Buck was the one in charge of the charging devices, again who gave this man a clipboard? "After requisition form has been submitted, you will be issued a personal charging device. Once it is dead, you return it to the probie charging pool and it will be recharged for you." Ravi interrupts buck 3.0, "you can just say Ravi." Buck corrects himself, "Ravi will charge it for you, one charge per 24 hours is the limit. Do not attempt to bribe me or you will be docked, two charges." I swear the power that man holds is insane, "give me a charger or uncle buck will never see his niece again."

"Give him a charger." Buck had to give in. I was sitting next to buck watching this all play out, "hey no fair, he gets to play the uncle buck card, can I play the girlfriend card?" I bat my eyes on him and he hands me the charger with an annoyed look, I squeal in excitement. "Let this be a lesson, never give buck a clipboard." Chim tells Ravi, "sorry for trying to be efficient." As the three of us were talking hear a kid yell out of his dad, it was Christopher, "what are you guys doing here?" Eddiea kisses Ana on the cheek and I see santi running towards me, "Ari!!!"

"Hey kid, did you come with Christopher and Ana?" He nods his head and points at Andreas. I hug my brother, "where's Apollo?" I ask him. "At your house, doing work and taking care of your bunny." I see run past me and pick up Santi and Chris at the same time, "buck!" Both kids yell, "oh looks like the new chiefs are here." Eddie introduces Chris to Ravi, "this is uh my son Christopher, Chris this is Ravi panikkar."

"You're a firefighter?" Chris asks him, "I'm what they call a probationary firefighter." Ravi explains to him. "Did you do something wrong?" Buck chimes in before Ravi could speak. "Constantly." Ana laughs, there was an awkward silence, they were waiting for Eddie to introduce Ana to Ravi. "I'm Ana." They both shake hands. "You must be eddies wife." Me and buck laughed nervously, "not yet." Christopher says. Eddie blanked out again, "uh, Ravi this is santi, my nephew and one of my quintuplet brothers, Andreas." His eyes went wide, "quintuplets? That's pretty cool."