Chapter 95

"Wait how come we haven't heard from hen if she's not benched anymore and how do you know any of this?" Chimney asks Maddie over the phone

"Wait how come we haven't heard from hen if she's not benched anymore and how do you know any of this?" Chimney asks Maddie over the phone. "Well, because she came over to see me and chief Simpson came here to see her." She tried not to give out too much information. "Why did hen come by to see you?" He was concerned. "She needed a favor. Okay remember what I was saying about breathing? Bobby and Athena's cruise ship might be missing."

"Missing? What do you mean about missing?" He repeated her words out loud which manages to catch eddies attention. "I mean we can't find it, hen asked me to contact the coast guard. They haven't been able to reach the ship either, Hopefully they can help us but it's not certain yet, there's a hurricane down there and the connection had been pretty spotty." Eddie then follows chim as he starts walking away. "Why would the cruise ship be anywhere near a hurricane? Uh cruise ships turn away from a hurricane, Maddie."

"Right, a-and we and we think that it did, probably. Look like I was saying it's not officially missing but it is possible that some emergency calls have been dropped in the vicinity of the ship. Hen is really concerned." She nods her head. "I can see why, did she tell the chief?" Chim asks. "She did and he asked her to report back to work anyway." Eddie was starting to spiral, not knowing what was going on.
_________________________________

Artemis and buck....

"Hey Maddie, what's up?" Buck asks with a smile but that soon fades away. "This is for you, actually." He hands me his phone so u can talk I can talk to Maddie, I honestly didn't even feel my phone vibrate. "Uh, hello?" I was mostly confused, something was definitely wrong. "I hate to interrupt your vacation but I really need your help." She sounded nervous and scared. "Of course." I agreed. "Please don't panic when I say this but I'm 80% sure that Bobby and Athena's ship is missing. Do you think you'll be able to get close to the gulf and ask them about the ship, my Spanish is not as great as yours. Their ship is close to the gulf, I already called 911 in Mexico they said they don't know about the ships location and said something else but I couldn't understand." I sucked my teeth, "I don't think we can do much, sinola is pretty far from the gulf but I'll ask around to see what I can find."

"Thanks for trying, call me if you find out anything." I hang up and hand him back his phone. "W-what's wrong?" Buck asks. "Bobby and Athena's ship is probably missing somewhere near the Gulf of Mexico. We're extremely far from there, buck. But I can ask my aunt to see if she knows someone who could help, she knows.... people. Our safest bet is to get somewhere close to there so we can find out something." We rush back to talk to my aunt and start asking her questions. She knows someone who used to work there, knows how the system works.

We meet with the man she told us to visit and he explained to us that during hurricane season they always had trouble getting in contact with ships to reroute them. I get a text from Eddie to go to the nearest beach. "you've have got to be joking." Buck says as he sees the copter dropping a ladder. "This was definitely hen's idea." A bag falls down the footer and it was our LAFD jackets and uniforms, we quickly changed and went up in the copter.