Chapter 9

"Artemis are you coming with us later? You can see Chim and Maddie beat the hell out of everyone

"Artemis are you coming with us later? You can see Chim and Maddie beat the hell out of everyone." Hen encourages me to go but I still haven't decided. "I don't know-"

"You should come, maybe even sing a little song." Eddie jokes around and I stand there can decide whether I want to go or not. "First of all, I don't sing or drink so don't expect much out of me."

"Boring! There's a reason why you don't drink?" Yeah, there is because if I start I won't be able to stop, I'm afraid of becoming the monster my father was, but I couldn't say that. "Nope, I just don't like the taste of alcohol." I lie through my teeth and leave the concept alone.

"Meet us there at 8, I better see you there Artemis or I will go to your house and personally drag you out of bed." Hen states as she gets in her car. I have a feeling that she actually would, I go home eat dinner, and get changed to go whatever the hell I'm forced to go to.

_________________________________

"Look what the cat dragged in, couldn't resist hen and chimneys offer right?" Eddie takes a long sip of his beer. "Not like I had much of a choice, besides what if I had a change of heart?" I cross my arms and both him and Buck look at one another "Let's go, Cruz, you are gonna wanna see this." both guys put their arms around me and I hit both of their arms off. "How many times do I have to tell you guys not to touch me."

"Deal with it," Buck says, I see Chim, hen, Bobby, Athena, and Maddie. Hen and Chim's eyes light up at the sight of me.

"I'm glad you came because I knew it was gonna be a hassle to drag you out of your house," Eddie orders me a Red Bull and I sit next to Maddie. For the most part, I was zoning out, asking myself why was I there. I guess it was a good way to get me out of my head. "I'll be back, I need another Red Bull." I say to the table. "I'll come with." Maddie replies.

I order what I need and as I'm looking at my phone Maddie starts a conversation, "You don't drink?" I realized she started talking to me and I put away my phone, "No, I hate the taste." she sensed a bit of untruthfulness in my words. "I'm sorry that my brother is a pain in the ass to you, he's something all right but I noticed that he's different with you."

"What do you mean?" I am interested in hearing her response. "Buck has a tendency to try his best to make people like him but I've never seen him care that much if you like him. I've also never heard him rant that much about a girl before."

"Was it about how I supposedly replaced him?" I received my drink and laughed "At first yes, but now it's just him constantly talking about you, it's not bad but I'm kind of happy to see him to see him making amends with you. I know he gave you a hard time."

"I'm used to people disliking, buck not liking me didn't faze me, to me he was like everyone else. Now I can't get him to leave me alone." She laughs and rubs my arm, I flinch and the smile disappears on her face. "Oh my, I'm so sorry I shouldn't have touched you without your permission." She apologizes and I give her a small smile, "It's okay, I'm good, it's normal for me to do." I reassured her.