Chapter 81

I get a call from Maddie and I pick up my phone while feeding Luna her vegetables

I get a call from Maddie and I pick up my phone while feeding Luna her vegetables. "Hey Maddie, what's up?" Her voice was shaky and she was panicking, I'm just surprised she didn't call chim, Josh or buck. I quickly made my way over there and see the door open. "Maddie? Are you okay?" I saw her staring at something on the table while jee-yun was playing with her toys. "Look what I just found." She holds her finger up and my jaw dropped, it was the ring. "Oh my god. Where'd you find it?"

"In jee's doll house, I kept staring at it and I wanted to try it on and it got stuck. I can't take it off please help me, Artemis." She begs me. "Okay, okay." We try cold water, ice, warm water, nothing was working. "We can figure this out, um only one thing. I don't have a ring cutter but buck does, so we're gonna have to go to his place." She grabs her bag while I carry jee to my car. "How do you know he's home?" She asked me, she was pain but trying not to show it on her face. "He texted me to come over earlier but I was busy at a doctor's appointment. This baby seat is so hard to put in- owww." I snapped the car seat on my finger. "Are you okay?" She asks me. "I'm good, just a small cut. Don't laugh at me jee, you're just like your uncle buck, both laughing at my pain."

I put on a bandaid and drive to bucks apartment, I get jee out the car and start to go up the stairs to bucks place. "Woah, did chimney pop the question?" Buck asked as he kisses my forehead and carried jee. "No, he did not, which answers my question or at least one of them."

"Back up, if he didn't Propose why are you wearing it?" Maddie couldn't give an exact answer. "Because I found it and I was looking at it and, you know, I tried it on." Buck had a grin on his face the entire time. "I don't think you're supposed to do that, I think it might be bad luck." Maddie starts to freak out again. "Which is probably why, it's stuck, so can you help me. Artemis tried and she couldn't get it off." I shook my head. "We tried everything and it didn't work." She whined while I held jee in my arms, she's so cute. "Why do you have a ring cutter?"

"Um, uh, other stuff." She looked back at me confused. "It's not what you think, I don't know why he has one either." I say to her. "Forget it, I'm not gonna cut it off because it's my engagement ring." She shows off her hand. "Uh technically you're not engaged yet, he hasn't asked and you haven't accepted." This is honestly not the time for buck to get technical with Maddie, I wouldn't be opposed to the idea of him getting punched. "Which brings me to my next question, why didn't he ask?" She says

"He thought he lost it then lost his mind. We were on a call, came back and it was gone. He was convinced we took it as a joke. He got into it with all of us. We tore up the whole firehouse and we found nothing."
_________________________________

"Dinner at your place huh? As much as I love the ambiance of your apartment, everytime we have dinner or hand out your place. We usually always get interrupted." I told him as I was changing my tires, me and Serena went a little crazy partying and something punctured my two tires. I don't remember what but my car was lucky enough to make it halfway through the drive way. "Makes sense but Don't you like having your own sexy personal chef?" I start to burst out laughing at his words. "Very funny, if you don't want to go out just say that. Pass me the lug nut wrench." He hands it to me and I start to take out the lug nuts, men just make things 10 times harder than what it's supposed to be. "aren't things more better when it's just the two of us?"