Chapter 64

"Artemis!! Did you drink half of my bottle of wine?" Apollo screamed from downstairs, I got up and walked to my door

"Artemis!! Did you drink half of my bottle of wine?" Apollo screamed from downstairs, I got up and walked to my door. "Yeah..." He soon went up the stairs with the bottle, I expected disappointment from him. "That's fine but you should of started with beer first instead of this, I'm surprised your not throwing up." I shrugged my shoulders, "it still hurts huh?" Tears were filling up my eyes again, I was in my bed all stuffed in and Apollo sits on the side of my bed. "It will for while but knowing you, I bet it's going to be a lot faster. Shit, I really thought he was different. He seemed so genuine and caring at first."

"I opened up to him, Apollo, about everything. Why does bad things keep happening? Why can't I live in peace? I hate myself even more for still caring about him, its so pathetic, I'm a mess right now." I cried into my hands, he rubbed my back. He knew nothing he said could make me feel better, he had went through the same thing, it's never easy to get cheated on. "Are you going back to work today?"

"I'll think about it." And for the rest of the day I did just that, I checked my schedule and noticed I had enough Paid time off hours to take a break. I did several overtime hours to get this time off, I have enough PTO hours for two months but I decided to only take one. It was a struggle even getting out of bed, I got changed into my black cargo pants with sneakers and a lose hoodie. I straightened my hair and put on some sunglasses so no one would see my red eyes. I hoped in my car and drove to the station. Once I parked my car, I made my way inside the station, "I know I'm pretty but you guys don't have to keep staring at me it's rude." I stopped for a second and hen, chim, Ravi, Lucy and buck staring at me. I had to pull back the tears once I saw bucks face, "where's Bobby?" I asked as I tried to stop my voice from cracking again.

"What's going? Artemis go get changed, the bell could ring at any minute now." I shook my head, "can we talk in your office?" I rasp came out in my voice, he nods his head and we go inside his office. "How you doing?" Bobby asks me, those words are all I ever hear, "fine, i wanted to ask if I can take a break, I have enough PTO hours to use." He looks at me concerned and checks on his computer, "you can take off those sunglasses you know." He said nicely, I take them off and he notices my red eyes. "If this is about buck and Lucy-" I cut him off mid sentence, "it's not just about that, im tired, I haven't took an actual break in there years. What happened the other day only helped me realize that I need this in order for me to move on. if I happen to come back it's going to be with my mind cleared and a mature adult. I can't be on calls with you guys if I'm not focused."

"What do you mean if you happen to come back? Don't let buck dictate your place here, you belong here Artemis, you changed and became a better version of yourself here." I didn't believe anything he was saying, "yeah, what buck did is... still hard to process but I need time, yesterday I attended a situation of a car accident and when RA units arrived it was the 136. Captain cooper, offered me my old job back." Bobby was baffled, "are you seriously considering going back?" I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know, you guys were once a team without me and it will continue to be like that if im gone. I appreciate everything you have done for me Bobby, I really do, you have no idea. But how am I supposed to keep focusing when I just got my heartbroken by my co-worker, buck and I should of never happened, and I apologize for bringing that to the team."