Chapter 53

"WAKE UP!!! ITS OUR BIRTHDAY!!!" I immediately scream at the sound of my brothers voices

"WAKE UP!!! ITS OUR BIRTHDAY!!!" I immediately scream at the sound of my brothers voices. "OH MY GOD, DONT DO THAT." I throw my plushies at them and they all laugh, every year they wear those stupid party hats and take a picture of me when I wake up with them included. "Oh no, delete that. At least let me wash my face." Apollo puts a party that on my head and I hit him to get away from me. "Smile!" he takes the picture and I frown with my middle finger up. "Thats... Um nice, stop being a party pooper, c'mon Artemis, we're 24 now. Stop being so uptight and have fun." Atlas says. "You guys can do what you want, go ahead get drunk, don't let me stop you. You guys can take shots in my honor and moms, I just wanna stay home, it's no different from every other year."

Every year they would celebrate their birthday today and be sad the next day, our mom didn't pass away on this exact day more like at 12am. "At least blow out this cake with us! Santi! come here with the camera!" Apollo yells, santi comes rushing in with a camera and Luna hopping behind him. "I'm here, I'm here! Now blow them out!" he takes a few pictures then leaves laughing. "I can't believe you're going to work, our birthday is a national holiday, I would have called out if I were you. Oh wait that's exactly what I did." Andreas laughs. "I like my job and blowing out candles was enough for me, you guys have fun." I get out of bed and start taking a shower to get ready for work.

As I'm walking inside the station on my phone, listening to music I feel two people carrying on their shoulders, "woah! Hey there put me down!" I was struggling to keep my balance on buck and eddies shoulders, "not a chance Cruz." Eddie says. "TA DA!!!" Hen was showing off the banner she put up in the firehouse, they finally put me down and I try to put on a fake smile. "It looks great thanks hen." It was something I would of wanted when I was a kid but I wanted nothing more than be at home and sleeping. "You sure don't look too happy, buck the look on her face is your fault." She walks away and I felt uncomfortable in that moment, "do you honestly not like it?" Buck asks me. "I'm grateful that you guys did all of this but I'm not much of a celebratory person."

"You really were serious when you said you hated your birthday." Eddie cross his arms, I shrugged my shoulders "hate is a strong word, dislike is more fitting." I walked away from them into the locker room. As I'm taking off my earrings and other jewelry I look at my necklace with my name on it, my mom once told me that the reason why she named me Artemis was because while she was pregnant with us, we were the most active in her stomach at night. She absolutely loved everything that involved the moon so she named my brothers and I something related to the moon. She would tell us stories about how much she dreamed about living a normal life in a beautiful house, us running around not having to grow up too fast.
_________________________________

"All right folks, dispatch said the fire started with an explosion inside the chapel. Basement level, bravo side of the building." Bobby opened us the side of the truck for us to get our oxygen tanks and tools. "Chapel? Did someone piss off the big guy?" Hen states, "no word on point of origin. Buck, Artemis, and Ravi you're in the lead, run a fire hose through the front door and start knocking it down." As Ravi gets up on top of the truck buck immediately stops him, "probie, wrong hose. Inch and three quarter!" Buck gets the hose himself angrily, I felt bad for Ravi but he's gotta learn somehow. "How many unaccounted for?" Bobby asks the manager, "we're confirming, but as far I can tell, two. Lewis is one of my orderlies and Felix is one of the tenants."