Chapter 8

"I haven't seen this much blood on the ice since the squirrel crawled in the Zamboni

"I haven't seen this much blood on the ice since the squirrel crawled in the Zamboni." the call we received was from an ice rink, the tech woman, Nicole explained to Bobby what has gone on in the past with accidents on the ice. "Any idea what caused the accident?"

"Well, the snowy owls were finishing up their "free in the forest" bit. Hansel and Gretel hit the ice for breadcrumb schtick and boom. Blood bath on ice." I turn around and I see Buck struggling to keep both feet on the ice, well I guess you can say he was on all fours to be exact. Eddie almost slips and almost holds onto my shoulder "Uh- uh Diaz you know how I feel about people having their hands on me, so paws off. Go ahead help your pal up, he's having some trouble over there."

Eddie and Buck were on speaking terms again which bothered me, the two of them sure know how to set someone off, especially now Buck. "What the story, chim?"

"These two children are abandoned in the woods, they come across a gingerbread house where a witch entices them." Bobby raises an eyebrow at him so he can get the actual full story. "It was a multi-skater pile-up, most injuries are minor except for that guy. He lost four digits, we hit him with a local anesthetic to transport him, still gotta find the fingers." me, Eddie, and Buck were on finger duty, let me rephrase that it sounds wrong. Chim told us to start looking for the missing fingers while hen takes care of the injured people.

"What about Hansel and Gretel?" chimney is just as surprised as Bobby by the two young partners. "Hensel took Gretel's blade to the chest." chim sits himself down next to Hensel and checks his blood pulse. "We propped him up to minimize the damage, the skates buried about 3 centimeters into his chest, barely missing the heart. "He doesn't have a heart." the young girl says "Really? We're doing this now?" the man is sobbing at the view of a skate in his chest, better than I would be, I'd be passed out if I were him. "Think you can cut her foot out of the skate, so we can transport them?" hen starts a saline line for the the man.

"It'll probably be easy but we're gonna need a pair of small hands if too much force is applied, well you know what happens but it would be much easier if they stopped arguing."

"You might want to sedate her." Hansel cries. "Cruz we need you here!" they call me over and start explaining to me what I needed to do. "What were you thinking? Breaking up with me an hour before show time?" they begin to argue with one another and look at Bobby uncomfortably. "I didn't wanna be distracted, you know it's hard enough catching you mid-air at 15 miles an hour."

"I'm not a frisbee, Boyd, I'm a partner, at least I was." I did enjoy hearing about what was going on, it was certainly interesting. "Chismosa" Eddie calls me, "callete", I tell him and everyone looks at us in confusion for speaking Spanish.

"Found two fingers, cap, still looking for the other ones!" Buck says from afar. The two guys are on their knees searching hard for those fingers, "hey, got the pinkie." Eddie yells, all proud, showing it off. "All right, three down one to go." they put them in a secure place on the ice.