Chapter 20

As much as I'm pissed at the Buckley siblings I promised to go check up on Josh and I will, I need a long drive to get my mind preoccupied, I have Eddie spamming my phone like crazy

As much as I'm pissed at the Buckley siblings I promised to go check up on Josh and I will, I need a long drive to get my mind preoccupied, I have Eddie spamming my phone like crazy. I can't talk to anyone from the 118, I don't want to hear their words about how I should forgive Buck or hear how sorry they feel for me. My empathy and sympathy for patients was one thing but with other people I know, it wasn't so good.

After an hour of driving to whatever the hell I ended up, I decided to drive to the dispatch center. I ended up there and I showed them my ID so they would let me upstairs. "Firefighter Cruz with the 118 I came here to talk to Josh Russo. He should be expecting me." The front desk man softens at the sound of his name. "Is this about the incident he had?" The nosy man said. "Something like that." He lets me upstairs and I see Maddie as soon as I come out of the elevator.

"Artemis? What are you doing here?" I wasn't happy with her but I wasn't going to be a bitch, I think. "I came here to see how Josh is doing. Do you know where he is?" She gives me a slight smile and she leads me to their break room "told ya I was gonna come, how ya doing?" I ask him, he's still shaken up but looks positive.

"Honestly a little skittish, this morning I was convinced I saw Gregg outside this building. how are you holding up, heard you got into it with Buck." Of course, Maddie told him, "It's not important, anyways I'm really glad to hear that you are feeling better. I'm gonna go, I just got out from a shift."

"I'll walk you out, I appreciate you coming to see especially after a long shift, those are rough." as were walking out we got stopped dead in our tracks. He dropped his coffee mug on the ground it shattered and we saw Gregg again, it's like the air was knocked out of me, I had to take a deep breath to make sure this was my reality. "Hi handsome, seen any movies lately?" Gregg caught us off guard but Maddie was still on the phone. "End the call, Carefully," he tells Maddie, she notices the gun being pointed at Sue. You can hear Chim's voice on the phone, "I love you Howie." were her final words before she had to hand up. They snatched her phone and mine away, "Ladies and gentlemen, we are taking control of this facility, do not move or you will be shot. You are now our hostages. Get up everybody!" they lined us all up. "Well, aren't you a pretty one?" Gregg says time and contain myself from making matters worse. "Cell phones, key cards, wallets, and smartwatches. Whatever is in your pocket goes in the can." they force me to take off my badge and analyze it.

"Lookie here boys, we've got a firefighter here. How lovely you could join the party." the gun sounds are causing ringing in my ears. "My EpiPen, I'm allergic to bees." she puts it in the bucket and pushes someone into me, I can't die like this, my brothers can lose someone else because of another gun. "I don't know what you want but someone's going to notice when 9-1-1 stops answering." Sue remains calm, I can feel my eyes watering, was it tears? Would I finally be again to cry again after all these years? "You had a system crash, Valley division is picking up the slack right now but your servers are rebooting, should be back in two minutes."