part 2 // clueless

jimin and yoongi have been dating for about 4 months now, give or take a few days, and jimin was one hundred percent certain that he was in love with yoongi. he just wasnt quite that the feeling was mutual. often times he would get a bit upset due to the fact that yoongi showed him little to no affection at all, making the him wonder if maybe yoongi didn't share the same strong feelings that he did. and then at that thought, jimins head would start to hurt so he would stop thinking about it, and push his feeling away like he always did.

"y- yoongi?" jimin whispered shakily to his boyfriend when they were sitting and eating dinner together at yoongis house, like usual. tonight felt different, and jimin knew he had to say something about what he was feeling. anything. he had kept it to himself for much too long."yeah, jimin? are you alright? you aren't really eating.." yoongi remarked quietly before proceeding to stuff more of his food into his mouth. he gazed back up at jimin shorty after, as he saw that he had made no move to start eating.

"y- yeah I'm fine, I just have a um- a question for you.." jimin said, finally looking up at the yoongi, who was already looking straight back at him. yoongi merely nodded his head, indicating that jimin could continue speaking and ask his question, and that he was listening. "do you.. do you love me?" jimin asked quietly, voice trembling slightly as the words left his mouth. it wasnt only because he had been holding them in for so long, but because he was also afraid of what the answer might be.

yoongi was shocked. of course he loved jimin. he loved him so much, more than anything. could jimin not tell? he thought he did an alright job at showing it. "of course I do, jimin ah" yoongi told him, looking right into his eyes, this time. "b- but you never hold my hand or kiss me, and you never want to cuddle with me and I thought that maybe.. you didn't feel the same way as i do..." jimin was almost crying now, but tried his very best to hold it in because it wasn't the right time. they were having a serious conversation, and he had been waiting to talk about this for weeks.

"I- I'm sorry jiminie, I never knew that you really wanted to do those things. I don't usually do stuff like that, im not really, i guess, used to it? ah, that's why I haven't yet, but for you of course i will." yoongi then shot a fond smile over to jimin and stared at him with love in his eyes, that he hoped jimin could see from where he sat."you really mean it, yoongi?" jimin smiled widely, before he got up to give his boyfriend a hug. he finally felt the relief he had been waiting for.

"I- I love you, jimin. i really do." yoongi whispered quietly, still smiling slightly. he really did mean it, with all his heart. but he originally thought jimin had already known that, he had been wrong, apparently. "I love you too, yoongi. so, so much." jimin smiled brightly right back at him, more than happy that he finally got all of his worries off of his chest.

"how about tomorrow I'll take you out on a date, a real date. is that alright?" yoongi suggested, now knowing that jimin would really enjoy that. but honestly, yoongi kind of felt like a shit boyfriend at the moment, not knowing that jimin wanted to do these things with him. he felt like he should have known, he felt stupid. "okay, yoongi! it'll be fun, babe!" yoongi smiled at his new pet name, jimin had never called him that before. jimin didnt even realize this was the first time he had ever called yoongi babe, but he liked the way it sounded.

"babe?" yoongi asked the younger, eyebrow raised slightly as a smirk made its way onto his lips. "y-yeah, I thought it was cute.." jimin said shyly, shrinking back into himself as his face turned red from embarrassment. "I actually do like it. it has a nice ring to it." yoongi hummed to himself, and he really did think so. it sounded nice coming from jimin.

jimin smiled at that, and scrunched up his nose up cutely. later on that night, yoongi decided to keep making his boyfriend happy by cuddling with jimin in bed until they both fell asleep, the only sound filling the room was the low, steady hum of their breathing.

//

a/n did you guys like this one? i hope you did! there will be a second part as well!

lots of love, namjoon1994 !