part 87 // glasses

yoongi heart stopped for practically a whole ten seconds when his eyes landed on jimin. "hey guys!" taehyung smiled as he walked up to yoongi and namjoon, jimin trailing close behind him. jimin waved slightly, gaze tilted to the floor. namjoon greeted them in return, yoongi having to force a greeting out of his mouth. "sorry about jimin, hes shy because he lost his contacts and had to wear his glasses today." taehyung explained before jimin made a face at him and elbowed him in the side. "its because i look terrible." jimin groaned, burying his face in his hands.

yoongi was afraid that if he stared at jimin any longer, his head might explode from the adorableness he was witnessing. "i- i have to get to class." yoongi choked out, scrambling to stand up without dropping his things or tripping on his own two feet. god, he probably looked like such a loser right now. jimin watched him go, heart dropping when he realized he hadnt gotten to talk to yoongi much this morning. he really liked to do that. when namjoon finally dragged his ass to class, he raised his eyebrows at yoongi. "what was all that earlier?"

yoongi decided it was better not to lie to namjoon, he could always see right through him. "did- did you fucking see park jimin? he- he looked so cute i just- ah." yoongi rambled before shoving his head into the crook of his elbow as he laid on the desk in front of him. namjoon laughed loudly, "you're so weird. you should just ask the kid out already, you pussy." he chuckled, looking at yoongis red face. yoongi grumbled, "maybe i would if he liked me."at that,  namjoon just shook his head, "you're an idiot."

by the end of class yoongi had managed to scribble park jimins name all over his notes, which he shoved to the bottom of his backpack so that no one would ever see them. he then rushed out of the class, bumping right into someone on his way. "oh shit- i- im sorry." he apologized quickly, bending over to pick up the boys fallen glasses. when he stood, he realized that it had been jimin. "oh, jiminie! heres your glasses." he smiled the best he could. jimin took them shyly, smiling up at yoongi with his cheeks tinted pink.

jimin sighed loudly before setting the glasses back on his nose. "they look- uh- theylookreallycuteonyou!" yoongi said so fast, jimin couldnt even understand him. "huh?" jimin asked, his eyebrows scrunched in confusion. yoongi took a breath and looked away from jimins eyes, "i said th- that they look re- really cute on you." yoongi finally got out, not daring to look jimin in the eyes. jimins face turned bright red, "th- thanks, yoongi!" he shakily said, his smile looking wobbly and nervous.

jimin struggled to shove taehyung away as he tried to text yoongi back. "hey, who're you texting?" taehyung asked as he tried to grab jimins phone. jimin scowled at him as he used one hand to keep taehyung away and one to type. they were both texting in class, and taehyung apparently wanted to make it more difficult. 

from; jimin

i gotta go, tae is being weird. ill see you later!

yoongi read the text, and smiled widely. later, when they both finished their last class and were walking home side by side, jimin took a chance and grabbed yoongis hand. it took a ton of courage, but he laced their fingers together, and continued to look straight ahead. at first, jimin was scared yoongi didnt want to hold his hand, but yoongi just held it tighter.

//

a/n this is such trash but school sucks and i have no inspiration. 

lots of love, namjoon1994 !