part 34 // going to be okay

(a/n part 2 to 'college' ! read that first !)

its been almost a year since yoongi had last seen jimin. and man, was it hard. it had only been 9 months, but for them it felt like 9 years. in the beginning, both of them were worried that they would fall apart somehow like how everyone in the movies say long distance relationships do. and sure, they had some times where they didnt have enough time to speak to each other more than once or twice over the span of a whole week, but as a whole, they were fine.

yoongi had planned to go visit jimin around his birthday in October, but jimin had mentioned to him that his parents had been getting bad again. so he decided to have jimin fly out to him. sure, it took months of yoongi attending school while working two part time jobs to save up enough money, but it was well worth it. because he got to see jimin again, and he couldnt even begin to explain how excited he is.

from: my jiminie

guess who just landed?? come pick me up, loser!

yoongi quickly read the text on his phone, before rushing out to his car. most people would already be at the airport, waiting. but yoongi had to attend classes this morning, go in to work to ask for a couple days off, and still have time to work on a couple songs for his music class the next day. so as expected, yoongi was running a bit late. not that it bothered jimin, he liked to walk around the airport and look at magazines.

yoongi ran through one of the sliding doors and stopped for a moment. he was out of breath, his beanie had fallen half way off of his head, and his keys that were in his jacket pocket were hitting his thigh and causing slight pain. so one yoongi had gotten himself together, and checked the time once, he began to search for jimin. but it didnt take very long, because jimin spotted him first.

"yoongi!" jimin shrieked from a couple feet away from him. yoongi snapped his head in that direction, feeling a sense of relief wash over him. usually, yoongi would be a little embarrassed at the stares they were getting because of jimins loud scream. but right now, he couldnt care less. when jimin started to jog over to him, he didnt crush yoongi in a hug like yoongi had expected him to. instead, he stood in front of him, just staring.

jimin slowly bought his shaky hands up to gently cup yoongis face with them, and just touched him. "i- i missed you." he whispered quietly, eyes still fixed on to yoongis perfect pale skin. yoongi watched as jimin just caressed his face, eyes filling up with tears. a few seconds of silence followed before yoongi couldnt take it anymore. he gently brought jimins hands down from his face and pulled him forward quickly, arms immediately wrapping tightly around him.

as the familiar scent of jimin filled his nose, yoongi did something that neither of them expected him to do. he started sobbing. it was normal for yoongi to occasionally let a few tears slip from his eyes, but never had he full on sobbed. but here he was now, violently shaking in his boyfriends arms, choked sobs coming from him. "hey, hey. whats wrong?" jimin said as he rubbed yoongis back soothingly, his own tears falling slowly from his eyes.

yoongi cried for a little longer, before jimin felt his breath finally starting to even out again. "i dont- i dont know. you just- you make me so happy." yoongi mumbled, hands lifting to wipe under his eyes. jimin nodded, saying nothing more. when they finally got back to yoongis dorm, they found a note from his room mate.