part 104 // sun flowers

the door to the shop swung open, and yoongi looked up to see a familiar boy standing in the doorway. yoongi straightened himself up, coughing rather awkwardly. "he- hey, jimin!" he called out, stuttering stupidly. he could feel his face getting hot as jimin smiled at him, and began to walk over. get yourself together, yoongi he thought to himself, its just a boy. jimin stood in front of yoongis desk, still smiling that megawatt smile of his. "hey, yoongi! any new flowers today?"

yoongi nodded quickly and turned on his heal, hurrying to the back to grab the new flowers that had come in that morning. yoongi took a deep breath, trying to keep his legs steady as he walked back over to where jimin was standing. "these came in this morning." yoongi said, trying to keep his voice even. he set the flowers down on the desk, but ended up knocking them down with his hand shortly after. "shit-" he muttered to himself and he scrambled to pick them up. a small pair of hands wrapped around his frantic ones, stopping his actions. "its okay," jimin smiled, "let me."

yoongis entire face turned red as he retracted his hands and let jimin clean up the fallen flowers. he really needed to get himself together, it was just a dumb crush anyway. "do you maybe want to grab some lunch sometime?" jimin asked him suddenly, knocking the air out of yoongis lungs. yoongi nodded quickly, "yes! i- i mean, yeah su- sure." he legitimately wanted to punch himself in the face for how weird he sounded. jimin giggled lightly, the sound shooting sparks into yoongis chest. "alright, i'll call you." jimin smiled, before walking out the door.

when he left, yoongi realized that jimin hadnt even bought any flowers. he wondered if he just came in to ask him to lunch, the thought making yoongis knees feel weak. suddenly namjoons familiar laughter filled the room. "so, you've got a date?" he said, walking over to yoongi with his eyebrows raised. namjoon and yoongi had worked together at the flower shop for a very long time, so it didnt come as a surprise to yoongi that namjoon had eavesdropped on his and jimins conversation.

yoongi blushed for what felt like the millionth time that day, tilting his head to the ground in embarrassment. "why were you acting so nervous? its so obvious that he likes you too." namjoon said, still chuckling. yoongi perked his head up, "you- you think he likes me?" he asked quietly. namjoon shook his head in disbelief, "you really are an idiot, yoongi hyung. he might as well have it written on his forehead." namjoon said to him, not knowing how yoongi couldnt have realized this before.

"look, all im saying is that he definetly likes you, so just relax and have fun." namjoon explained casually, shrugging lightly. yoongi nodded in agreement, taking a deep breath and letting his shoulders slouch. "thanks." he said to namjoon, earning him a wide smile and quick nod. since yoongi was the hyung, he always insisted on locking up and letting namjoon leave early. so, like every evening, thats exactly what he did. 

on his walk back home, he couldnt stop thinking about his upcoming date with jimin. maybe he should bring jimin some nice flowers, he thought to himself as he inhaled the crisp night air. he knew for a fact that jimins favorites were lilies, so he decided those would be the best option. but the more he thought, the more he realized that he should actually bring sun flowers for him instead. because jimin was yoongis sunshine, so it would only be fit to give him sunflowers in return.

//

a/n gO READ THE INTRO TO MY NEW VKOOK BOOK AND KEEP IT IN YOUR LIBRARIES SO YOU CAN SEE WHEN I UPDATE! I HOPE YOU'RE EXCITEd!!

lots of love, namjoon1994 !