part 85 // the ocean

(a/n just wanted to quickly say; i hope you all are doing well at the moment. just remember to stay healthy and study hard. continue to do the things you love. love you all~)

there is a boy, jimin soon finds out, who sits by the ocean and merely watches it everyday at the same time. he sits on the same wooden bench right near the shore, eyes straight ahead and cheeks tinted pink from the chill of the wind against his skin. his hair blows out of place every once in a while, but he rarely ever moves to settle it. theres always a black scarf wrapped around his neck, just covering his chin. and he comes and goes at the same time every day.

one morning, on his usual jog, something inside of jimin compels him to stop. he slows his running, and walks slowly over to take a cautious seat next to the boy. the boys eyes shift to glance at him for only a brief second, before returning to the sea ahead. "hi, im- uh- im park jimin." jimin clumsily introduces himself, mentally scolding himself for coming on so strong. the boy hums, "hm, im min yoongi." he says in return, voice low and steady. 

"are you from here? busan, i mean." jimin asks suddenly, breaking the small silence that had fallen over them. the boy stays quiet for a moment, "no, im not. im from daegu, actually. just moved here recently." yoongi explains, voice always the same tone that sounded equally uninterested as it did interested, which confused jimin slightly. jimin nodded slowly, now turning to look at the ocean, pose almost mimicking yoongis exactly. it was kinda peaceful, jimin now thought he understood why yoongi must enjoy being out there so much.

"if you- if you dont mind me asking.. why do you sit here everyday?" jimin asks him, voice gentle. yoongi sighs, "so you've noticed, huh?" he chuckles lowly. jimin eyes him and nods quickly. "i dont usually spill my whole damn life story to just anyone, but-" he looks over to jimin fully this time, "you seem trustworthy. theres something about you that i trust, if- if that makes sense." yoongi explains, still looking to jimin. jimin doesnt say anything, just waits for yoongi to go on.

"my- uh- my older brother, was my best friend. when things were rough, which happened often, he had always been there. one thing that i remember clearly about my brother, was that he always talked about how he wanted to see the ocean someday. he never got the chance to do that." yoongis eyes shifted to the floor, but not before jimin could catch the sadness in them. "so, i sit here and enjoy it everyday, for him." he finishes, tear filled eyes moving to look back at the ocean once again.

jimin smiles, "thats very sweet." he tells yoongi before standing. he didnt want to say anything else, getting the sense that yoongis brother wasnt around anymore. "ah, shit- im afraid i have to go now, though." jimin says to him, still smiling softly. but before he has the chance to walk off, yoongi speaks up. "will you- uh- will you be back? i- i mean, it was nice having company." yoongi trailed off, cheeks heating up in embarrassment. jimin just laughed, "sure thing! same time tomorrow?" he said, his voice almost too cheerful for yoongis liking. "always the same time, kid." yoongi told him, nodding before he turned back around.

"tomorrow." jimin whispered to himself, nodding once with a smile on his face. he jogged off, trying to make it back home before dinner time so his mother didnt scold him again. when he finally walked into his house, it held the familiar faint smell of ocean salt. it reminded jimin of yoongi. jimin couldnt help the small smile that grazed his face at the thought of the boy.

//

a/n this was short and sloppy, but i hope you enjoyed it nonetheless. love you guys~

lots of love, namjoon1994 !