part 66 // sweatshirt loans

"fuck, its freezing out here." yoongi shivered severely as he and jimin walked through the frigid night air. jimin stopped in his place momentarily, pulling his sweatshirt up and over his head, leaving him in a thin navy blue long sleeved shirt. "here, wear this." jimin said fondly, carefully handing the maroon colored sweatshirt over to his boyfriend. yoongi paused and refused at first, claiming that jimin would die from the freezing temperatures, but after further noticing that jimin wasnt going to give up, he slipped it on. 

"thanks, jiminie." yoongi muttered, curling his hands into the rather long sleeves of jimins sweatshirt. jimin smiled lovingly at him, clutching one of yoongis hands in his own. "its no big- its no big deal." jimin said to him, eyes gleaming with something that yoongi couldnt quite read. by the time jimin had walked yoongi all the way back to his apartment, it was so late that neither of them remembered the loaned sweatshirt that yoongi still had on. so, yoongi went back home, torso still wrapped in jimins maroon sweatshirt, that he only now realized, jimin wore almost all the time.

"hey, yoongi!" taehyung cheerfully greeted him the next morning, running up to yoongi when he spotted him in their school library. yoongi swerved in his direction, smiling back lazily. he was running so damn late this morning, that he didnt even change from what he had on last night. "woah, that looks a lot like jimins- oh my god- it is his!" taehyung exclaimed, pointing to the maroon sweatshirt yoongi still had on. "huh?" yoongi mumbled dumbly, looking down at the clothing. "he let you wear that? jimin did?" taehyung asked, a look of complete surprise across his face.

"uhm, yeah..? why?" yoongi muttered slowly, confusion written all over his features. taehyung paused for a moment, before speaking again, "he must really love you, then." he said quietly, furrowing his eyebrows. yoongi questioned this too, and taehyung sighed. "you really dont know, huh?" he asked yoongi, who quickly shook his head in return. taehyung looked at yoongi then, eyes filled with something close to sadness. "about four years ago, jimins older brother died in a car accident. that sweatshirt was the only thing left of him. jimin never takes it off, and never, ever lends it to anyone. well, until now, that is."

"oh." yoongi shakily whispered, eyes darting to the fading maroon colored sleeves that were currently covering his arms. yoongi then looked to the door, and taehyung nodded knowingly at him. "thanks, tae." yoongi rushed out his words, dashing out the door to go find his boyfriend. "hey! jimin!" yoongi called out as he spotted jimin across the hall, speaking to their friend hoseok. jimin looked toward his voice, smiling as he saw him. he said something to hoseok, before jogging over to where yoongi was standing. "hey, babe! whats going on?" jimin said to him, still smiling.

yoongi glanced away briefly, before looking back at his boyfriend, not exactly knowing how to begin."is everything alright?" jimin suddenly asked him, worry filling his body as he watched yoongi struggle to say something. yoongi quickly looked back up at him, inhaling sharply. "yeah, uhm- everythings okay, jiminie." he started, "but- but taehyung told me that this was your brothers sweatshirt an- and im sorry for wearing it, you- you didnt have to give it to me ji-" yoongis words started to ramble off, his cheeks heating. 

"huh? wait- wait, you think that i didnt want you to wear it? i gave it to you for a reason, loser." jimin chuckled, smiling reassuringly at his flustered boyfriend. "i mean, yeah im usually hesitant to lend it to anyone, but- but your not just anyone." jimin continued, still looking directly at yoongi. yoongi looked back at him finally, relief filling his body instantly. "o-okay.. sorry, i- i was just worried." yoongi said to him, shaking his head lightly. jimin chuckled again, leaning in to press a light kiss onto his cheek. "yoongi, my brother meant alot to me. but you do too. so, i dont mind. and-" jimin took a breath, "-and i dont think he would either."

yoongis heart instantly filled with warmth at jimins words. it was rare for jimin to speak about his brother, the subject was sensitive. but with yoongi, he could talk about anything. "you- you really mean it?" yoongis slightly unsure voice asked him. "of course i am." jimin answered almost immediately, face completely serious. yoongi wasnt sure if he should say it, but before thinking he blurted out, "i wish i could've met him." right after, yoongi slapped his hands over his mouth. "oh- oh god i shouldnt have said that im so-" but yoongis frantic apology was soon cut off by jimin, "he would've loved you." jimin muttered quietly, gaze down. 

and as yoongi watched jimin nervously tug at the bottom of his shirt, he knew had never felt so much love any other person in his entire life.

//

a/n this was cute. im not in a cute mood but i liked this idea. i hope you did too. thank you for all the support during his upsetting time in my life, i love you all with my whole heart.

lots of love, namjoon1994 !