part 118 // moving on

(a/n hey babes! i miss you guys talking to me ahh. read the authors note at the end and comment some stuff if you want! love you. oh and shout out to yoonminraspberries for being my cute baby and helping me be in a better mood these days)

min yoongi never had much luck making friends. he never really saw the point, anyway, he enjoyed spending time alone and not having the pressure of socializing on his shoulders. people tried to befriend him every now and then, but those ended quickly, when they realized that yoongi was never going to make a real effort to be in their lives. that is, until he met namjoon. he met namjoon in his early stages of college, he remembers thinking that he was really tall and really intimidating to look at. which, upon further investigation, was false, because really namjoon was just a lanky dork trapped in a tough exterior. he remembers not minding being around namjoon, too, which was odd for him.

yoongi doesnt quite remember how it happened, but the two eventually ended up moving into the same dorms, their personalities clicking and they shared common interests so it was a nice fit. namjoon knew how to deal with yoongis sharp turn mood swings, never got hurt by yoongis snarky remarks and often made some back to him in response. yoongi was just happy to finally find someone who was willing to stick around. although he never knew he had wanted a real, true friendship, when he finally got one, he couldnt imagine not having it. namjoon wasnt his soulmate, but he was definitely someone who yoongi wanted to be around for a long time.

but, when yoongi met park jimin, he never imagined leaving his set up for the younger boy. until now. the first thought he had when they had discussed moving out together, was not living with namjoon anymore. for about six long years, namjoon had been yoongis sense of security, maybe even home, in a way. so now, as he held the last box of his things in his hands, he looked at namjoon and smiled. "thank you, joonie." he said softly, and namjoon understood him immediately. "take care of yourself out there, yoong. dont forget to visit." namjoon said to him in response, and yoongi would never admit it, but his heart ached.

namjoon and yoongi had never been the type of friends to be very affectionate towards each other, unlike jimin and taehyung, because they both werent like that. but today, yoongi set the box in his hands down swiftly near his feet and went to hug namjoon tightly for a brief second, allowing his arms to wrap around the taller boy for only a moment. "you're going to miss me!" namjoon laughed, and yoongi shook his head as they broke their embrace. "no im not, you loser." yoongi laughed, too, and they both knew he was lying. yoongi would never admit it, but he'd miss seeing namjoons stupid face every day.

when they moved in, jimin could tell yoongi was a little more down than usual. he could tell he was missing his best friend. jimin understood completely, as he felt the same about taehyung. that night, as they lay together, jimin rubbed soothing circles into yoongis tense back. "i know you miss him." jimin said softly, and before yoongi could protest and further defend himself, jimin spoke again. "its okay, baby, i understand. hes your friend." jimin chuckled, and yoongi eventually sighed and nodded. there were a few moments of silence before yoongi talked again. "but, thats okay. i can always visit him, and i have you, dont i?" he smiled, before rolling over and capturing jimin into his arms.

jimin laughed and fell down on his back beside yoongi, "plus, i cant cuddle with namjoon." yoongi said to jimin, and jimin smiled and nodded, snuggling further into yoongis torso. "except- well, that one time when we were drunk but thats not the point." yoongi chuckled, and his remark made jimin laugh again, too, which made yoongis heart leap. so, yeah, maybe yoongi would miss namjoon, but he had his little park jimin by his side so who was he to complain?

//

a/n this was lame. i miss you guys. talk to me babes ((: you can rant about stuff in the comments too, if you like. i'll read them all and pitch in any advice if i feel i have some to give!

lots of love, namjoon1994 !