part 31 // voicemail's & rain drops

yoongi loved the rain. he says that he loves it because of the way it sounds, and looks, and feels against his pale skin. but what he loved most about it, was how it reminded him of jimin. and if he listened close enough, sometimes it sounded like he could hear the soft tones of jimins voice in it. when he had jimin, yoongi used to think that rain was either happy or sad tears coming from the sky. but now he knew that they were just sad, because nothing happy ever lasts. well, thats what his experience has taught him.

he closed his eyes and let the only things around him be the soft sounds of the rain in his ears and the cold metal of his phone pressed against the side of his face. 

no new messages. 1 old message. press one to listen. press two to delete. press three to call back.

he shut his eyes tighter and tried his hardest to remember exactly what jimins face had looked like. the way his cheeks would stick out slightly, the soft curve of his nose, the little crescents his eyes made when he would smile. and for a moment, he could see it. he could see the way jimin would smile at him, and the way his mouth turned up into a bright smile. but then the moment was over, and yoongi was left with the empty blackness in the back of his eyes.

press one to listen. 

now that he thought about it, jimin really was like the rain. sometimes a soft drizzle of light giggles and gentle smiles, and other times a down pour of happiness and energy. either way he was the light of his life. but now yoongi didnt have a light, and he was left staring into the darkness all around him. when jimin was with him, his heart felt light and airy, as if he could take sweet deep breaths and breath in jimin. but now it felt heavy and bloated, like he could never take a deep breath and he was slowly choking and suffocating on his own heavy heart.

"hi yoongi hyung. its been a while, hasnt it? well, it rained a bit today and i thought of you. actually, i always think of you. but anyways, i'll talk to you soon hyung. i love you, bye." beep. press two to delete. press three to call back this number.

yoongi wished he could just drown himself in the sound of jimins voice. sometimes, he would call his number to see if he would pick up. but of course he wouldnt. and yoongi would just be left with the tears staining his porcelain cheeks and the sound of jimins voicemail ringing in his ears. these days, it seemed like yoongi was never not crying. he now had trouble controlling his emotions. before, he had more trouble expressing them in the first place. he wishes it was still like that. 

"hello, you've reached park jimin. i can not get to the phone right now, so please leave a message and i will call you back soon! thank you!" beep. this number is no longer in service. please dial a different one, or contact another operator for additional help.

and like always, he felt the hot tears wet his face. he reached a hand up to swipe them away before the could fall farther then his cheekbones. he was surprised that he even had any tears left. he went through this same routine every day. he would try and remember jimins voice and the way his face looked. then he would call him even though he felt pathetic doing so, and listen to jimins sweet voice end and the voice of an mechanical operator would flood his ears telling him that jimins number was no longer reachable.

but again today, he dialed the number and let jimins voice surround his ears. but this time, he didnt listen when the operator told him that jimins number could no longer be used. "hey jiminie. it has been a while. im sorry i never called you back, i should have. it rained today and it reminded me of you. just like everything reminds me of you. i hope you know how much i love you, bye." beep. this number is no longer available. please dial a different one, or contact another operator for addition help.

//

a/n hey guys! im actually quite proud of how this one came out! even though it was a little short.. anyways, i know i usually update every other day, but i felt like updating today as well! so here you go! i hope you liked it, i enjoyed writing it!

lots of love, namjoon1994 ! (i'll leave it up to your imaginations about what happened to jimin in this..)