part 78 // sketches & oceans

his pencil against paper gives him a comfort that feels much like home. he sketches slowly but delicately, every line curving and whirling to create an image. he shades in the shadows and curves the lips up into a familiar smile, eyes focused and concentrated. "what are you drawing?" yoongi asks him, taking a seat beside him and turning on the television. jimin doesnt speak for a few moments, focusing solely on his artwork. "you." he says simply, angling his paper so that he can shade in yoongis bangs that flop over his eyes.

yoongi sighs loudly. "why?" he asks him, looking away from the tv and over to jimin. jimin shrugs, "you always ask, and i always give you the same answer." he chuckles. yoongi doesnt laugh. "but, arent there much prettier things you could be drawing rather than me?" he asks, confusion evident in his voice. "no." jimin states bluntly in response, finally looking up at him. he sets his things down on the coffee table in front of them, watching yoongi look over to the drawing. "it looks really nice, jiminie." yoongi compliments him, to which jimin thanks him with a wide smile.

jimin loved to draw. he loved to create the images he had piled up in his head and watch colors and lines swirl together. but there were just some things that you couldnt quite capture into illustrations. things he loved, like the way yoongi would press his cold feet under jimins legs for warmth, or the way yoongi laughed when jimin would tell a corny joke. moments like the first time yoongi had held his hand or the way yoongis skin glows under the moonlight. 

but, there are also moments that he was glad he couldnt quite capture. moments when they fight, their voices raised and tempers high, stubbornness was clear to see in the both of them. moments when yoongi broke down, crying and shaking because even tough and rather intimidating guys like him have emotions. all of jimins thoughts are interrupted when yoongi speaks up. "wanna go outside?" he asks gently, looking at jimin. jimin merely nods, standing along with yoongi. 

they walk hand in hand up to the roof of their apartment building, feeling the frigid evening air hit them as they open the door. jimin takes a deep breath as he lays down beside yoongi on the cold concrete. yoongi shuffles a bit, digging his phone and a pair of earbuds out of his pocket. he plugs them in and starts a song, handing one headphone to jimin. jimin smiles graciously and puts it in his ear, letting yoongis loud and mildly aggressive rap music fill his head.

jimins free hand moves along slightly with the beat, eyes gazing at the stars. he thinks about how he probably never wouldve heard this song if it werent for yoongi, and how he probably wouldnt be doing many things he loved if it werent for the boy he loves. jimin wants to take yoongi to busan so badly, he thinks about it quite often, actually. he wanted yoongi to meet his family and walk on the beach with him. (even though yoongi has said countless times that he hates sand)

now that jimin thinks about it, yoongi is a lot like the ocean. hes beautiful and graceful, deep and can sometimes make you anxious. but, just like the ocean yoongi can be scary and intimidating, sharp words coming just like rough waves. some people either love him, or they hate him. just another thing, that jimin could never capture in a sketch. but, then again, jimin had always loved the beach. just as he loves yoongi. he was like jimins small piece of home.

//

a/n thIS WAS REALLY SHORT BUT EH AND THE TITLE OF THE CHAPTER SUCKS. regarding the week ahead; dont worry guys, everything will be okay. i know sometimes school can be a hassle but i know you'll do great. drink lots of water and eat well, lovlies. stay healthy, i love you all~

lots of love, namjoon1994 !