part 83 // talk me down

(a/n what do you guys think about the new covers for ALL of my stories? i made them hehe~)

numbness. jimin felt nothing. nothing, at all. and that scared him because arent you supposed to be sad when your father dies? arent you supposed to cry and be devastated? then why didnt he feel that way? he hated his father, but in the end he had always been there. he didnt miss him, though. he didnt miss the yelling, or the stale stench of alcohol lingering around the house. he didnt like the slurs he would use towards him and his rough hands slapping hard against his skin. jimin didnt miss it. not one bit.

jimin stood in his place, eyes staring straight down to the grave that held his father. now, buried six feet under. his aunt came over and placed a gentle hand on his shoulder, obviously trying to show some sort of sympathy and give some comfort. he didnt even look at her. his eyes hadnt lifted from that one place on the ground, ever since he had watched his fathers coffin being placed in the hole, hours earlier. he still had his suit on, the one he had worn to the funeral. it was itchy and uncomfortable, but still jimin continued to stand.

yoongi stumbled through the graveyard. he steadied himself on a head stone, immediately recoiling at the thought that he must be acting disrespectful to the dead, or something like that. there was a light fog in the air, making it difficult for him to see far in front of him. he struggled to walk quickly in the suit he was wearing, cursing himself for even wearing it at all. jimin hadnt asked him to come to the funeral nor the burial, anyway. yoongi liked to pretend that it didnt hurt.

when jimin finally managed to stop his excessive staring, all he wanted to do was leave. he couldnt stand being in this god forsaken graveyard any longer than necessary. he made his way as quickly as he could to the entrance, and all of a sudden his chest was clumsily clashing with one of another boy. a boy he happened to know, and love. they stood before each other, eyes locking in a sort of stare-off. before jimin could even think, yoongis hand was on the back of his neck and his head was on yoongis shoulder, being cradled lovingly.

then, all at once, the tears came. he sobbed harshly into yoongis shoulder, his mind reeling and flashing with terrible memories of the past. when it was all too much, he untangled himself from the boy holding him. jimin said nothing, just hoped that the look in his eyes explained enough, and walked off in the direction of his home. leaving yoongi standing in his place, watching his back as he walked away.

jimin had no idea what he was doing. he was dizzy with grief, his mind hazy and his body tired. he stood near the end of the cliff, the one over looking the sea. he squinted his eyes and took a daring step forward, inching even closer. the morning sun was just coming over the horizon and the tide below served for a peaceful sound buzzing in his ears. he took a deep breath, about to take another step forward, when he was yanked back by a hand grabbing his shirt. 

he stumbled backwards, whipping his head around to find yoongi standing there, eyes wide and terrified. "jimin- i- what the- what the fuck are you doing?" yoongi said harshly, tears pricking the corner of his eyes. jimin deflated, he was being so fucking selfish. "i- i- i dont- i-" he tried to say but started crying instead, taking all of the anger out of yoongis voice and replacing it with sympathy. "i know, i know jiminie. but im here, okay? we'll be okay. you'll be okay. i promise, baby." yoongi whispered soothingly to him, making jimin feel like maybe, just maybe, he wasnt a lost cause after all.

//

a/n troyE RUINS ME. so basically i took the events from part 3/3 of the blue neighborhood music videos, and put a yoonmin spin on it! if you didnt already, you can go back through my chapters and read the one i did for fools, which i really liked.

lots of love, namjoon1994 !