part 116 // four whole years

jungkook is fiddling with his phone, scrolling mindlessly through each app with only the use of his thumb. yoongi sits across from him, his laptop out in front of him as he clicks and scrolls through his own emails. yoongi doesnt even think jungkook is paying attention to anything besides his device, so its a surprise to him when he suddenly speaks up. "how long have you and jimin hyung been together?" jungkook asks, glancing up to yoongi for only half a second before back down to his phone. yoongi hums lowly, "four years." he answers him simply.

"really? shit, thats a hell of a long time!" jungkook exclaims, and yoongi just nods silently because this is the response he always gets when he answers this question. jungkook continues gaping, "you dont- like- ever get bored?" he asks seriously, and this time yoongi does look up at him when he answers. "no." he says bluntly, and jungkook accepts it because yoongi has never been a man of many words. jungkook stays silent for a bit this time, processing all of the information yoongi has told him. "you've never thought about dating someone else?" jungkook asks, and this time his voice is quiet.

yoongi doesnt hesitate to say, "again, no, jungkook." and he doenst sound annoyed, really, more like hes just been asked this same set of questions time and time again. at that exact moment, yoongis phone starts to ring obnoxiously loud from in his pocket. he shoots jungkook an apologetic look before accepting the call and pressing the device to his ear. "hello?" yoongi asks as he answers the call, his eyebrows knitted together in thought. "hey! i was just wondering when you'll be home tonight." jimin says on the other side, no introduction needed.

yoongi thinks for a moment and glances to jungkook briefly. "maybe in a half an hour? shouldnt be any longer than that." he says casually, shrugging to himself. jimin hums on the other end, "alright, i'll see what we can do for dinner. love you." he says in response, his voice trailing off as he begins to think of the possibilities of food for that night. "okay, sounds good. love you too." he sighs lightly, before promptly ending the call. the moment he puts the phone down jungkook chuckles lowly at him. "you guys are like an old married couple." he laughs.

yoongi only rolls his eyes and leans back in his chair, shrugging jungkook off. "whatever. we've just been together a long time, thats all. its all familiar." he says, not really trying to defend their relationship in any way but more just trying to explain it further to the young, curious boy across from him. "have you guys ever fought?" jungkook asks, and yoongi wonders for a moment about why hes so damn interested in their relationship. he decides to answer the question anyway, though. "all the time." he chuckles, and the shock on jungkooks face makes him want to laugh harder.

"what? of course we fight. its natural. we're different people, just trying to make it all work. it would be completely ridiculous if we never fought." yoongi said, although his tone wasnt stern. jungkook nodded at this, and looked as if there were a million things going on in his mind. "thats cool." jungkook smiles lightly, and yoongi has to think about it for a moment to actually process fully that jeon jungkook, master of witty comebacks and making fun of anything and everything, had actually just called something cool. yoongi smiled in return, "i know."

so, yeah, maybe four whole years is a long time. maybe for two people who are so young and so stupid, its crazy that they have held themselves together for this long. they fight, they yell, they do everything that people usually fear in relationships, but its still been four whole years. so they must be doing something right. four whole years for yoongi to know that there is no one else he would rather be with. four whole years for jimin to find out what its like to truly love another person with ever bit of his soul. so, four years is a long time. but, to yoongi and jimin, its always time well spent.

//

a/n hI GUYS I HAVE A NEW YOONMIN BOOK COMING OUT PLEASE BE EXCITED FOR IT I WORKED REALLY HARD ON IT !! also, this is lame but i wanted to whip something up for you cuties because i've been slacking due to finals eW. i hope you enjoyed, im sorry there wasnt much jimin in this omG

lots of love, namjoon1994 !