part 10 // feelings

jimin and yoongi have been best friends since the third grade. jimin has been in love with yoongi since the eighth grade. when he first realized that he loved him, they were in the library together and he looked over at yoongi who was reading a book, his cute little nose all scrunched up in concentration. in a way, jimin thinks that he has always loved him, ever since they met. it just took a while for him to realize it. but now, in college, jimin still hasn't told him how he really feels. it wasn't only due to fear, yoongi also claimed to be straight. at least, thats what he says.

one day, jimin wakes up and feels that he's finally had enough. he's had enough of keeping all of his feeling bottled up inside and he's had enough of torturing himself by having to keep it all in. today was the day. he was going to tell him. of course, jimin kept up these courageous thoughts until he actually saw yoongi. when he did, his head started to spin. his hands became sweaty and he couldn't look him straight in the eye the entire day. by the last class, yoongi decided to just ask jimin what's been going on with him.

"jimin, are you alright?" he leaned over and whispered to jimin, when he knew the teacher wasn't looking. jimins head snapped in his direction immediately, eyes full of panic. he managed to give a slight, stiff nod before turning back to the front, taking deep breathes in and out, his chest heaving. yoongi shrugged and got back to his notes, deciding to let the matter go. maybe jimin was just having an off day.

when they were finally walking out of class, yoongi walked up beside to jimin. when he saw that he was sweating abnormally, he asked again, "jimin, are- are you alright?" jimin coughed, choking on his own spit as yoongis voice startled him, "mhm! yeah! why wouldn't i be?" jimin awkwardly laughed once he had stopped coughing, trying to take the focus off of him. "are you sure cause you seem re-" but he was cut off by jimins rather loud voice.

"IM IN LOVE WITH YOU!" jimin yelled. when he realized what he had just done, he covered his face in complete and utter embarrassment. oh no, yoongi thought to himself, he can't love me! i-i'm not g-gay! i like girls right? yeah. yeah i like girls! "j-jimin, i'm so sorry but i dont l-" he started, "no, no it's okay! i'll just go now!" jimin weakly smiled and dashed off, out into the pouring rain outside. yoongis heart dropped as he watched him go, only able to remain standing stupidly in his place.

yoongi's head hurt. somehow what he did felt..wrong. when he thought back to all of the happy memories he had with jimin, he remembered all of the times jimin has made his heart pound faster than usual. and the way he became shy when jimin would compliment him. how whenever something happened, it could be anything in the world, yoongi would always call jimin straight away to tell him. then it hit him, right in the chest. he was in love with park jimin. then he literally hit himself, because he just rejected park jimin.

suddenly, he ran outside to see if maybe there was a chance that jimin was still out there, so he could make this right. when he ran out, he saw jimin standing across the street, waiting for the bus. usually, he would just ride home with yoongi but, you know, the whole rejection thing. "jimin!" yoongi yelled into the rain, hands cupping around his mouth to amp the volume.

he saw jimin turn to look at him, his face just read sad and heartbroken. and maybe a little bit of confusion. yoongi ran straight up to him, before stopping directly in front of him. all while breathing heavily, he said, "jimin, i am so so sorry. im so stupid! fuck- it- it took me to actually reject you for me to realize my true feelings. what im trying to say is, i- i- i love you too." jimin stood there, eyes wide, as a loving smile broke out on his face. yoongi pulled him into a tight hug and kissed jimins damp hair.

"you were very brave to confess to me today, jiminie." yoongi said sweetly as they walked back to his car. "brave?" jimin laughed in disbelief, "i felt like i was going to throw up all day, and then i yelled it in your face!" he shook his head. "yeah but you still did it!" yoongi chuckled, a smile still plastered onto his face. when they got in the car, they sat in a rather comfortable silence until yoongi finally broke it, "thank you." jimin tilted his head, "for what?" jimin asked sweetly.

"for helping me finally get my shit together and realize that i have been lying to myself about my feelings for a while now. it's been tearing me apart." yoongi said quietly, head tilted downwards. jimin didn't say anything back, he just grabbed yoongi's hand and kissed it softly, while yoongi thanked the lord for giving him someone as amazing as jimin. even if he didn't deserve him.

//

a/n this part is dedicated to blahblahot12 ! for this amazing one shot idea ! i hope you liked it !

lots of love, namjoon1994 !