part 48 // lame texts

(a/n sorta short and sorta lame but kinda cute and nerdy)

a year. a whole year. thats how long its been since the first time they had talked. they first texted when yoongi had put the wrong number in while typing, and somehow it ended up being jimins. and he couldnt be happier. they talked everyday without fail, about anything and everything. and jimin knew, he was in love. truly, deeply, dumbly, in love. he wished he knew, if yoongi felt the same. he knew he was into boys, of course, but he just didnt know which boy. or, if it happened to be him.

from: grumpy :P

yoooooo

jimin playfully rolled his eyes as a laugh escaped him. yoongi always texted him around this time, its when he got home from school. he always got home later than jimin, he had to take the bus, while jimins mother picked him up instead.

from: loser :-O

what

from: grumpy :P

hey! thats my line! im supposed to be the mean one here okay park jimin stay in your lane.

from: loser :-O

i will go in whatever lane i choose, thank you very much.

from: grumpy :P

ouch, someones sassy today

from: loser :-O

im always sassy

from: grumpy :P

true

from: grumpy :P

but i like you that way

jimins cheeks heated, eyes darting away from his phone. why did he have to do this! it made jimins body feel all warm and nervous. it sucked.

from: loser :-O

andhsdksl stoppp

from: grumpy :P

you know you like it ;))))

from: loser :-O

no

from: loser :-O

yoongi, no

from: loser :-O

nO

from: grumpy :P

neVER!!!!!!!!!!!

then, an idea sprang up in jimins head.

from: loser :-O

talk to me on the phone

from: grumpy :P

wait....what???

from: loser :-O

talk to me on the phone! i wanna hear your voiceee

yoongi froze. he was scared, much more scared than he would ever like to admit. jimin, made him feel something. something he had never felt before. and for some odd reason, a part of yoongi thought that somehow his voice would ruin it. like jimin would hear it, and never want to talk to him again. it was the lisp, that made yoongi scared.

from: grumpy :P

you wont like my voice

from: loser :-O

huh?? of course i will stupid!

from: grumpy :P

okay...i guess so.. (also, your the stupid one...stupid)

from: loser :-O

iM CALLING nOw

and before he could even have time to think about being nervous again, his phone started ringing. he hesitantly pressed the 'accept' button, and placed the cold metal of the phone against his ear. "hello? yoongi?" a boys voice rang from the other line. it made yoongis heart feel as if it could burst in his chest. "h-hi.." yoongi stuttered. he cringed at the sound of his pathetic voice.

jimin almost squealed. almost. but he wanted to. because yoongi, had possibly the most beautiful and smooth sounding voice he had ever heard. it was low and raspy, making jimin want to drown himself in it. he had a sort of lisp, after he said a few select words, and jimin couldn't think of anything cuter. everything about him, made him a million times better. if that was even possible.

they talked for hours, until jimins mother arrived and pestered him to help with dinner. "i- i have to go now, im sorry." jimin apologized, sad that it was ending so soon. "its alright, jiminie. we'll talk again sometime soon, alright?" yoongi said gently, a happy feeling taking over his body. "okay." jimin breathed out. he shut his eyes, trying to imagine that yoongi was actually there, speaking to him.

"okay jiminie, love you. bye." yoongi whispered into the phone only moments later, making jimins eyes open up again. 

he was so mesmerized about the way yoongis voice sounded in his ears, he hadnt even realized what he said. "love you too, yoongi. see ya." he whispered back, before the line went dead. after, he pushed himself off of his bead to head downstairs when something finally dawned on him. his eyes went wide and the beating in his chest pounded loudly in his ears. he took a quick breath before shouting, "wait what?!"

//

a/n i love some nerdy internet buds yoonmin. sorry it was so short, my loves. i'll be sure to write a sequel to this in the future, where maybe they meet??? idk what do you guys think?

lots of love, namjoon1994 !