part 119 // shooting star

jimin curses faintly under his breath as taehyung draws the blinds open, letting sun light into his room for the first time in months. "close them." jimin muttered with his face pressed against his pillow, really not in the mood to deal with this right now. taehyung sighed and took a seat on the end of jimins bed without closing them, moving his hand to stroke jimins hair comfortingly. "c'mon jiminie, you gotta get up sometime." he whispered pleadingly, and jimin didnt remember the last time someone had acted like they cared for him. he almost wanted to cry at the way taehyungs hands didnt feel quite like yoongis.

"i- i miss him, tae." jimin cried, the pain in his heart overwhelming. taehyung nodded and pulled jimins crying body into him. "i know you do, jimin. i know." he whispered, and the words didnt make jimin feel any better, but he was glad to have taehyung around nonetheless. taehyung had to go run errands for his mom then, so he bid jimin a sad goodbye for now. "just- just remember, jimin, that sometimes things just dont work out the way you planned, and thats okay." he whispered before he turned to go, leaving jimin with a heavy heart and a racing mind.

and, of course jimin knew that. he knew that things dont always work out, and he should be okay with it but hes not, and he doesnt know how to be. he doesnt know how to be okay with the feeling of emptiness constantly in his chest, be okay with the longing in his heart for yoongis voice and his touch. taehyung had told him once, a long while ago, "jimin, you look at yoongi like hes your whole world." and it was true, yoongi was his whole world. yoongi was the air that he breathed and the sun light he felt on his skin in the summer. he was the spring rain and the snowflakes in the winter. he was jimins everything.

he didnt know why yoongi had left, he just did. one day he was there, all half smiles and loving gazes, and the next he wasnt, an emptiness left on his side of their bed. jimin missed him every day, despite how much he wishes that he didnt. everyday he tried to imagine what it felt like to hold yoongis hand again, and when the day that he finally couldnt remember came along, words cant describe the feeling of immense loss that jimin felt in his heart. jimins hair never looked the same without yoongi ruffling it and his attitude never returned back to the once loving and energetic being he was when his boy was still around. everything changed, when yoongi left him.

every night, jimin went to his balcony and got on his knees, looking up at the stars. he clasped his hands together and clenched his eyes shut, making a wish. "shooting star, please bring me back his heart." and even though jimin knew that this probably didnt do anything, something inside of him hoped that maybe one day yoongi would come back to him again. jimin knew it was irrational and somewhat desperate of him to wish for, but he couldn't help but want it back. want him back. yoongi blew into his life like a calm autumn breeze and left like one, too. jimin couldnt help but wonder what couldve made him stay.

things after yoongis absence never quite returned to normal for jimin, he still woke up some mornings and forgot that he had even left. but then the realization hit him like a bullet to the chest and he would remember that oh, yoongi wasn't by his side anymore. and just like taehyung told him, one day he would have to learn to be okay with that. it may not be today, or tomorrow, but someday. though no matter how much he told himself it was for the better, jimin still wished on every star that one day yoongis heart would return to him again. god, he missed his boy.

//

a/n yo idek if I like the way this turned out but it's been a while and I missed y'all like crazy!! how have you been?

lots of love, namjoon1994 !