part 60 // family

(a/n please read the authors note at the end!~ oh and in this au, hoseok is yoongis brother!)

"whats this?" yoongi asked his boyfriend as he stares down at the two train tickets he had placed in his hands. yoongi looks up, eyes let with jimins blinding smile. "they're train tickets, to daegu. i thought that since we go to busan every year for the holidays, it was your turn. so i saved up money all year, and was finally able to get tickets." jimin explained, eyes wandering in every direction before finally settling back on yoongis face, which had an expression on it that he couldnt quite read.

then, all of a sudden, jimin felt himself being pulled forward, and plunged into yoongis arms. "thank you, my sunshine." yoongi whispered into his ear, making jimins smile even wider. "you dont have to thank me." jimin said in response, making yoongis heart swell. "but the ride is in like an hour, so we should probably start packing.." jimin then said as they pulled away from each other, proceeding to scramble for their suitcases.

on the train ride to his home town, yoongi sat with jimin beside him, the roar of the train against the tracks filling his ears. half an hour into the trip, jimin was fast asleep, tired from working all day. yoongi was tired, too, but his body would not let him sleep. his head was too filled with thoughts of what was to come, for this is the first christmas he would spend with his family since he was sixteen. 'i wonder what hoseok looks like now.' yoongi thought to himself, a pang of sadness as he remembered how long it has been since hes seen his brother.

"this is it." yoongi said, hours later, as they finally found themselves at front of the door of yoongis childhood home. "fuck it." yoongi muttered to himself as he rang the doorbell, not even giving himself time to second guess his decision. one of his hands was still clutching jimins, so he felt at least a little bit at ease. "hello?" a young looking boy greeted them as the door was pulled open. yoongi immediately knew it was his brother, though he looked much more mature now, he still looked the same. before either of them had the chance to say anything, hoseok spoke again, "yoongi?" he whispered, disbelief lacing his voice.

"hey, hobi." yoongi said in response, lop sided smile taking over his face as he used his old nickname for his brother. "it is you!" hoseok suddenly said before grabbing yoongi by the front of his jacket and engulfing him in a tight hug. "i've missed you, hyung." hoseoks voice said to him, soft and low now. yoongi smiled softly, guilt eating at him. "i missed you too, hobi." he then turned to jimin, who had the happiest expression he had ever seen on his face. "oh, hoseok, this is my boyfriend, jimin." he introduced the two, who smiled widely at each other.

after the rather emotional greetings from his parents, they all sat down to eat. "its so good to have you home, yoongi. oh, and its good to welcome you to our home, jimin. we're all so happy to meet you!" yoongis mother announced once they all had settled around the table. yoongi felt relief flood him at how accepting his mother, father, and brother have all been. "its an honor to be here, mrs. min. i love your son very much, and am extremely happy to be able to share this special moment with him and his family." jimin said back to her, his words formal and respectful. 

"so how have things been for you in seoul, yoongi?" hoseok asked him, not bothering with formalities. yoongi drank some water before answering. "i uh-" he cleared his throat, "i just got a record deal." the words made his families eyes widen, tears filling his mothers. "ah, yoongi! im so proud of you! i knew you could do it!" hoseok cheered, face full of pure joy. growing up, hoseok had been the only one to always fully support him in his dreams. "im proud of you, yoongi." his fathers low voice said, making yoongis heart fill with pride. it was a big deal hearing those words from his father, he never had before.

"you and jimin could stay here! in the guest room!" his mother said after they finished dinner, nagging at hoseok to get their suitcases for them. once they had settled into their room for the night, and bid their good nights to yoongis family, they finally laid down beside each other in yoongis small old bed. "i love you, park jimin. i really do." yoongis hoarse voice rang through the quiet room. and in response, jimin said, "i love you more, min yoongi." and yoongi drifted off to sleep, head filled with thoughts of how there is really no place he'd rather be, than right here surrounded by his family.

//

a/n so i just wanted to say, that this year, i am so thankful that you all came into my life. you make me so happy, and i cant even begin to explain how grateful i am for you all. i love you all with truly, all of my heart. i hope you all have a wonderful holiday spent with the people you love. oh and i just put out a new vkook book that im really excited about, so go check it out lovelies!

so so so much love, namjoon1994 ! (chloe)