part 81 // night owl

(a/n inspired by my rather fucked-up sleep schedule. i hope you all sleep well, though. get lots of rest & stay healthy my precious lil buns, ily all.)

jimin shifts lightly in his sleep, snuggling his head further into the pillow cradling it. the room is dark and for the most part silent, apart from the soft and almost inaudible snoring coming from jimins slightly parted lips. yoongi rolls to lay on his side, the one facing jimin, and stares at the clock behind him for a brief moment. 3;36am it reads, making yoongi slump back down. jimin would surely scold him for being up this early, he often nags him for his lack of sleep. but thats just because jimin always just wants the best for him.

there is a large window positioned on the other side of yoongi, the one he is facing away from, that lets just a few slivers of pale moonlight seep through the blinds. one thin beam of light is hitting jimins face, right across his cheek that isnt currently pressed to a pillow, and it causes yoongis warm smile to erupt across his face. on the nights before jimin bounced into his life, he would've for sure had headphones stuffed in his ears right now, probably blasting some sort of rough melody. but nowadays yoongi doesnt like it much. he would much rather have the soft lull of jimins breathing fill his ears instead.

yoongi slowly turns to face the other direction, reaching out for his phone that was placed on the small table beside their bed. he pressed the home button, immediately rushing his fingers to swipe down the brightness, not wanting to risk waking jimin. once he had reduced the harsh light emitting from his phone, he lazily opened up tumblr and scrolled aimlessly through the different posts. then he visited his tumblr blog, just to check up on it. he had loads of followers, though he didnt understand why because all he ever did was reblog posts that reminded him of jimin. 

anyway, enough about yoongi having a blog on tumblr that multiple emotional tween girls probably follow. all of a sudden a reminder popped up on the screen of his device. reminder set for 3;52am - min yoongi get your cute ass to sleep i know you're probably up ok he smiled widely as he read over the reminder jimin had set for him on his phone, probably while he was busy working today. he knew he needed to get more sleep, his mother always did refer to him as her little night owl. so, yoongi sighed slightly, eventually pressing the mark as completed option under jimins reminder.

he then proceeded to shut his phone off, reaching his arm out clumsily to set it back on to the surface of the table. it took a moment for his eyes to adjust back to the stark darkness around him, but once they did he turned himself back to jimin, watching his pretty face as he scrunched his nose up slightly in his sleep. yoongi shuffled closer to jimins sleeping figure, engulfing the tangerine haired boy in his arms. he hugged jimin tightly, but not tight enough to wake him up. 

inhaling jimins scent as his chin pressed against the top of the younger boys head made yoongi smile another one of those warm smiles he only ever saved for jimin. "my baby boy." yoongi mumbled affectionately, eyes now shut. "i love my sunshine so very much." he continued, their chests practically pressed together as he slowly felt his heavy eyelids shut.

//

a/n this was trash. also vv short but mostly just trash. i apologize, school is a bitch right now. i do love writing these for you all, though, so dont worry~ stay healthy and eat/sleep well my precious lil buns, i love y'all very much.

lots of love, namjoon1994 !