part 59 // christmas spirit

(a/n im so tired guysss.. but here is the christmas special you have -hopefully- been waiting for!)

"here." yoongi says lightly as he carefully fishes a marshmallow out of his hot chocolate to feed to jimin. yoongi loves hot chocolate and jimin loves warm marshmallows, so this was their compromise. jimin smiles contently as he chews, turning his gaze back to the television in front of them. just like every year, a cheesy movie plays and yoongi lovingly watches jimin instead of the actual movie, but he likes it much better. "i know what we need!" jimin suddenly jumps up, yoongis eyes watching him as he briefly exits the room.

"do i have to?" yoongi groans as jimin walks back in with two very large, and very ugly, christmas sweaters. "yes!" jimin cheers loudly in response, practically shoving the thing into yoongis arms. they go through this every year, jimin buys them matching christmas sweaters and yoongi complains as he is forced to wear his. eventually, yoongi pulls it over his head, settling it on his body. "there we go! it looks so cute!" jimin practically squeals as he looks at yoongi, smile reaching all the way up to his eyes. this makes yoongi smile as well, even if the sweater is suffocating and itchy.

earlier this week, jimin had dragged yoongi out with him to pick out some decorations for the house. they bought an assortment of things; stringed christmas lights of various colors, stockings, new ornaments to go along with their old ones, and a bunch of little festive snacks that jimin insisted that they needed. "stop moving!" jimin said as he struggled to balance on top of yoongis shoulders. the one thing that they had forgotten was to buy an actual ladder, so jimin perched onto yoongis shoulders would have to work. finally, jimin got the end of the string of lights to stay in place, and they both sighed in relief.

"now, onto the next thing!" jimin cheered as yoongi groaned internally. dont get him wrong, yoongi loved seeing jimin happy. but all this jolly happy christmas shit gave him a headache. "yoongi dear, have you written your letter to santa yet?" jimin asked him, breaking him out of his irritated thoughts. "jimin, you do know that santa isnt real right-" but yoongis words were abruptly stopped by a loud gasp. "how could you say that?!" jimin said, dramatically scrunching his eyebrows and looking at yoongi as if he just crushed his christmas spirit. yoongi looked at him confused as hell while jimin stomped away, yelling that yoongi had 'killed his holiday joy.'

yoongi sighed loudly as he took out a piece of paper, steadying the pen in his hand to start writing. he felt overwhelmingly bad for hurting jimins feelings, so he decided to write a list to santa just for him. 

dear santa,

i dont really want anything for christmas, nor do i care if you get me anything. but if i had to come up with a few ideas, this is what i would want;

-new headphones

-for jimin to get accepted to the dance academy that he dreams of

-a record deal so that i can make hella money and buy jimin everything he wants

-lots of kit-kats (because those are so bomb, admit it)

sincerely, min yoongi.

"jimin!" yoongi said as he walked into their bedroom, letter in hand. jimin raised his head up from the pillow it was laying on beforehand, and looked at yoongi grumpily. "what do you want, scrooge?" jimin huffed, looking away. yoongi chuckled lowly at jimins childishness, before sitting on the edge of their bed. "i wrote my letter for santa, jiminie." he said gently, handing the paper to his boyfriend. jimins eyes immediately lit up, a smile spreading over his face. "thank you, baby!" jimin said as he hugged yoongi tightly. "i'll go drop these off at the mailbox right now!" jimin then sprang up and ran out all in one big hurry.

as he was gone, yoongi finished decorating because he knew jimin would be ecstatic that he did, and jimin may or may not have read yoongis letter on the way to the post office and cried at how almost all of his list involved making jimin happy.

//

a/n hey babes! im sorry this is so late, i was on holiday with my family and when i returned i got rather sick so i had no time to write! but here is a sort of short / sloppy chapter. i'll be putting out a second holiday chapter probably tomorrow, that will hopefully be better than this one. i hope you enjoyed it anyway, though~

lots of love, namjoon1994 !