part 98 // the moon to my sun

jimins hands shook tremendously as he pulled the small box from his pocket, trying his best to take regular, steady breaths. his breathing was still slightly jagged and uneven but he eventually managed to calm himself down a bit, looking in the mirror in front of him to try and give himself some more confidence before he walked out. "its okay, jimin." he muttered to himself, eyes determined, "its all going to go as planned, dont worry."

though he tried to silence the worry inside his head, of course it was still there. nonetheless, he slowly turned the icy cold door knob with his clammy hand and walked out. his boyfriend was sat on their couch, a large black sweater hanging off of his bony shoulders. jimin had never seen anyone so beautiful. he sucked in a courageous breath, "baby- uh- could you come here a second?" jimins quiet voice called out, just loud enough for yoongi to turn his head as he heard it.

yoongi pushed himself up and off of the couch, a questioning look on his face as he padded over to where jimin stood. yoongi said nothing as he stopped in front of jimin, so jimin decided to just start. his clumsy hands fumbled to pull open the tiny box hidden inside of his closed palm, dropping carelessly to his knee as he did so. yoongi stumbled backwards slightly, surprise evident in his eyes. "wha-" yoongi tried to start but was cut off by jimins words.

"so, uh-" jimin coughed, awkwardly, "i know that we're young and stupid and i dont know- naive. but damn, i love you min yoongi. i really do. like, more than anything else. and i know that this isnt fancy or a huge occasion, but i thought this was the perfect time-" he paused for a moment, before continuing, "the perfect time to ask you to, you know, marry me? if you want, of- of course." jimin finally got out, sighing lightly as he finally finished his words.

a small moment of silence followed, before yoongi spoke up. there were tears rolling down the cheeks of the pale boy, but there was a huge smile set on his face as well. he nodded quickly, "you- you didnt even have to ask, dummy." was all that he said before lifting jimin to his feet and pulling their chests together, yoongis thin arms coming around jimin neck to hold him closer. jimin could feel yoongis tears wet his shirt but they were happy ones, so he didnt worry. the way yoongi smelled, smelled like home.

yoongi sniffled, wiping under his eyes quickly. "you really didnt have to ask, jiminie, there was never a doubt in my mind that you're the one for me." yoongi said, a sincere smile set on his face. jimin smiled equally has lovingly back to him, slowly grabbing yoongis hand to shove the ring onto his finger. yoongi chuckled at how nervous jimin looked as he did so, his hands shaking as they struggled to push the ring onto the right finger. once the rings had been settled, though, yoongi finally got a good look at them.

on the inside of yoongis ring, there was a small, delicate crescent moon engraved. and on the inside of jimins, in the same spot, was a tiny sun. jimin thought that nothing could describe them better, than the sun and the moon. yoongi smiled that warm smile of his and agreed, noting that although it was cheesy, it was perfect, really.

like usual, jimin did most of the planning for the upcoming ceremony, yoongi only chiming in occasionally to add his opinion. seokjin insisted on doing the food for the event so that they wouldn't have to pay extra and hoseok, jungkook and taehyung all offered to be the entertainment for the after party, though yoongi made sure to tell them that his mother would be there and they should tone it down the antics a bit.

at the end of the day, jimin and yoongi were happy. jimin because he got to marry his favorite person in the universe, and also because he got to show off his engagement subtly whenever he was out. and yoongi because jimin is the only person he could ever imagine being with.

//
a/n hey babes! I'm so sorry it's been so long and also this chap wasn't the greatest. but I gOT A NOSE PIERCING OMAHSJD (I apologize for any mistakes in this, I'm writing it in the car while visiting family omg but I missed you guys sm)

lots of love, namjoon1994 !