part 43 // freezing football games

it was nine in the evening, and park jimin was freezing. his best friend taehyung, had forced him to come out to their high schools football game, and now he was stuck sitting on the bleachers alone in the below freezing temperatures. taehyung was probably somewhere with jungkook, leaving jimin to freeze his ass off alone. jimin tried his hardest to focus on the game, their team was actually quite good. but the minute he felt his eyeballs getting cold as well, he decided to just keep his gaze down.

when the game was finally over, taehyung was still nowhere to be seen. so jimin stayed where he was, groaning mentally that he even had to be there even five minutes more. their team had won, which meant that they would go to the state championship. honestly, jimin couldnt care less. when he was about to just pull out his phone and text tae that he was just going to leave without him, when he felt a warm body sit next to his own. 

jimin didnt even look to see who it was before collapsing into their body, shivering violently from the cold. the person said nothing, just wrapped their own arms  around jimins, in an attempt to help him keep warm. when jimin finally somewhat got the feeling in his fingers back, he sat up, and looked at the person beside him. when he got a good look at his face, he realized that he had never seen this person before.

"hi, i- um- im min yoongi." the person said, a small grin spreading across his face. jimin took a moment before responding, to look at what he was wearing. it was then that jimin realized he played for their football team. "oh, i- im so sorry! i didnt- i shouldn't have-" jimin frantically said once he realized that he had been basically hugging the person for the last ten minutes. yoongi chuckled lowly, before shaking his head. "dont worry about it, cutie. its me who should be apologizing, im really sweaty and i probably rubbed some of it off on you." yoongi said, laughing a bit.

jimin let out an airy 'oh' along with a few laughs of his own, before briefly introducing himself. they sat in a comfortable silence for a moment, before yoongi broke it. "why dont we go. you look really cold and i dont want you to get sick." he said gently, fishing jimins hand out of his pocket and lacing their fingers together. as they walked out of the stadium, jimin looked at how pretty yoongi looked with his damp hair matted to his forehead and black streaks of paint smeared across his cheekbones. the way his football uniform fit tightly to his slender body and his pale skin contrasted with the dark colors of their high school painted across his body on the uniform, along with the bright moonlight.

when they finally got to the parking lot, jimin pulled his phone out to try and call tae again. "hey, yoongi? just give me one moment, okay?" he whispered as his phone began to call taehyung. it rang around three times before someone picked up. "hello?" jungkooks voice rang through the line. jimin made a confused face as he had expected to hear taehyungs deep voice.

"jeongguk? where are you guys! i've been freezing my ass off for nearly two hours, alone!" jimin sternly said into the phone, his anger boiling up. he did not sign up for this. he heard taehyungs sweet laugh from somewhere around jungkook before jungkook spoke again. "im sorry, jimin hyung. we're on our way to get you right now." he gently said, sensing jimins hostile tone from before. jimin just sighed and nodded before realizing that they couldnt actually see him. "okay, i'll be here." he mumbled into the phone before ending the call.

he looked back to yoongi who was still standing beside him, as patient as ever. "you dont have to stay, yoongi. im okay." jimin smiled the best he could at the caring boy. yoongi shot him a smile back before shaking his head. "i'll stay." he simply said, not elaborating anymore on his words. jimin just nodded once, not exactly knowing what to say except for a small thank you. they stood next to each other, for a full couple of minutes before jimins eyes spotted taehyungs car pulling up. 

"okay, they're here. yoongi, thanks again. for- for everything. uh- i'll- i'll see you at school, yeah?" jimin said, starting to take a few short footsteps to the car."yeah, definitely. bye, jiminie." yoongi tilted his head as a lopsided smile took over his face. he then raised a gentle hand up to wave slightly as jimin climbed into the back seat of the car. jimin just smiled shyly through the window as the car drove off, leaving yoongi to walk to his own car in silence, his mind only on the cute boy sitting on the bleachers.

"who was that, jimin hyung! your boyfriend?" jungkook excitedly asked him when they started to pull away from the school. jimin blushed, though it was too dark to see. "no, just- just someone who helped keep me warm. thats all." he said dreamily, his eyes looking out the window. he ignored taehyungs whistling and teasing about having a new 'boy toy' and jungkooks own loud giggling, as his mind drifted to the warmth he had felt in yoongis arms.

//

a/n hey lovelys. im so, so sorry this is late and a little short. i promise i'll get back on track soon. i've just been going through a tough time recently, and i also have a couple projects for school coming up, so im a little busy as well. but dont worry, i will try my very best to get these out for you babes. love you all.

lots of love, namjoon1994 !