part 37 // colors

(tHANK YOU FOR 15K READS MY BABIES, I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH)

jimin was color blind. he always had been, ever since he was born. it could be worse, he always thought to himself, i could be fully blind. and even though it could be worse, it didnt mean that it was great. he longed to see what each item in his bedroom really looked like. he wants more than anything else to look outside and see a burst of colors in his eyes, everything a popping bright hue of the rainbow. but unfortunately, it wasnt like that. it was black, white and many shades of grey. everything was.

he wished he didnt need help picking out his clothes, in fear that they wouldn't match. he wished that everything wasnt just the same color. and even though jimin had never wanted to be a pilot, the fact that he never could be, because he couldnt see color, made him sad. everyone around him always talked about how pretty things looked, like flowers, or the sky, or even something in a magazine. but jimin couldnt really tell. and that sometimes made him frustrated. okay well, maybe all the time.

and even though jimin tried his very hardest to be positive, it did drag his mood down sometimes. so when he got to work, he was in a extremely dull mood. "hello, welcome. what can i get for you?" jimin emotionlessly addressed the boy across the counter from him. he was praying to god that the customer did not ask for a donut, because they werent all labeled yet and he wouldnt be able to tell them apart. and he was not in the mood to get emberrassed like that in front of a rather cute boy.

the boy said nothing for a moment, "can i get a donut?" he then mumbled a second later, making jimin curse under his breath. he cleared his throat and nodded. "what would you like?" he then said as cheerfully as he could. the boy squinted his eyes slightly and simply said, "uh the one with brown frosting on the bottom." the problem was, jimin had no idea what the color brown was and there were four different trays on the bottom. jimin pursed his lips and hesitated before saying, "i- uh- im sorry, but could you actually point to which ones you want?"

the boy in front of him furrowed his eyebrows a little in confusion, but nodded anyway. "sure, uh, those right there." he said, extending his arm out to point jimin in the correct direction. jimins face burned a bright shade of red as he packed it all up and tried his best to muster up a friendly smile. "thanks for stopping by.. uh you'll just need to sign this." he said quietly before pushing a paper with hi order information on it. he hated that jin made him get every customer to sign for their order, it wasnt like they could return it.

the boy just nodded quickly before taking the pen and making a few small marks on the paper. he then smiled warmly at jimin and turned to leave. jimin let out a breath he hadnt known he was even holding in. 'thank god.' he thought to himself, 'that was so embarrassing!' even thinking about it made jimins cheeks flush. when he grabbed the paper to put away in the back, he saw something other that his signature written on it.

hi! im sorry i made you embarrassed today! (i could see your cheeks lol) anyways, we should hang out sometime, you seem cool! text me: ********** xx. -yoongi

jimins lips twisted into a shy smile as he tucked the paper in his pocket instead. even though we may never know the full story of their relationship, lets just say that with yoongi, jimin didnt need to see color. yoongi made his life bright and colorful enough, even without it. and thats all he'd ever wanted.

//

a/n hey guys! so this was reALLY SHORT AND IM SORRY ABOUT THAT BUT I THOUGHT IT WAS QUITE CUTE! THANK YOU AGAIN FOR ALL THE READS/VOTES/COMMENTS! I LOVE AND APPRECIATE EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU WITH ALL MY HEART!~

lots and lots of love, namjoon1994 !