part 71 // hesitation

11:32pm

i love you.

his finger hovers over the send button, teeth biting into his lower lip. but in a split second hes deleting all of the letters and shoving his phone back into the pocket of his jeans.

"hey, hyung!" jimin smiles widely as he pushes open the door to the small studio. yoongi swivels around in his computer chair to acknowledge jimin, smiling slightly at the younger boy. jimin shrugs his coat off to reveal a plain long sleeved shirt underneath. "what're you working on today?" jimin asks casually as he takes a seat on the small couch he had forced yoongi to put in there. yoongi shrugs nonchalantly, eyes not leaving his computer screen. "well, let me know if you need any help." jimin says a few moments later, voice flatter.

yoongi stares at the blinking cursor on his screen, the document empty and lacking the lyrics that were supposed to already be written there. yoongi sighs loudly, fingers still resting on the keys just in case something comes to mind, though he doubts that anything will. you're not supposed to love him, not like this. the voice in his head tells him for the millionth time, making his heart wrench. it was right, though. jimin was yoongis best friend, nothing more, nothing less. but for some reason that didnt sit well with yoongi.

you're my fifth season. he presses the keys, only coming up with that single line. at the sound of typing, jimin gets to his feet to see how everything is coming along. he crouches down beside yoongi to get a better view at the words. "who's this about, yoongi?" jimin asks curiously, disregarding the need for formalities. yoongi averts his eyes from the boy next to him. "no one."

"yoongi, have you ever been in love?" jimins voice rings through the quiet studio, coming from his spot on the couch. the tone in his voice was meant to sound casual, but it sounded more serious than anything. yoongi stayed in his place faced away from jimin, and clenched his eyes shut. "no." he lied again for what felt like the thousandth time that day. yoongi wasnt expecting a response from jimin, but he got one. "i have." jimin said. yoongis heart constricted at his words. he only hummed lowly in response.

"i still am, actually." jimin continued, "in love, that is." yoongi let out a shaky breath, trying to contain this pain he was feeling. he didnt know what to say, so he didnt.

"i think im gonna head home now, jimin." yoongi sighed, hands rubbing his face from tiredness. jimin nodded slowly, wondering why yoongi wanted to leave so much earlier than usual, but decided not to question it. "i'll walk you home." jimin told him, more like an order than a suggestion. yoongi would refuse, but he knows from experience that jimin wont give this up. so, he nods once before turning to start to walk. jimin jogs lightly to catch up with him, their feet finding a steady rhythm as they walk side by side. and yoongi wants nothing more, than to hold jimins hand. but he doesnt.

"i'll see you tomorrow, yoongi hyung." jimin says steadily, smiling not as brightly as usual. yoongi nods to him, watching as he turns around to leave. "wait, jimin!" yoongi suddenly calls out, making jimin stop his steps and turn in his place. he tilts his head slightly to the side, questioningly. "i actually do." yoongi says to him as he starts to walk back to him. jimins face still held the same confusuion as before. "do what?" he asks as he stops in front of yoongi. "love someone. i actually do love someone." yoongi explains. jimins eyes widen knowingly. "oh," he starts, "who?"

yoongi sucks in a breath, eyes not daring to look at the beautiful dark haired boy in front of him as he says;

"you."

//

a/n this was short too, but i really liked it so i thought i would share it with you all! we have almost 20 whole inches of snow here! its still snowing, too! stay warm, love you all~

lots of love, namjoon1994 !